Replacing Three Lens Taillight Assembly On1984 Sunrader

Bigdog

has any one replaced this setup with led lenses,is it possible?

unable to find good original size taillight assembly

bulb holders loos and cordoned lenses broken.

I bought new ones for my Minicruiser. The only triple-taillight assemblies I could find that were surface-mount were from Grote. Part # 51342-5. Does NOT come with LEDs. You'd have to buy LED replacement bulbs to make it so. 14.5" long X 7.5" wide.

Bargman makes a bigger triple-light assembly WITH LEDs but it is for recessed mount only. Part # 47-84-104. 18" X 7" The only way I could make recessed mount to work would be to make a special mounting frame for it.

post-6578-0-60284700-1443644197_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-70345200-1443644198_thumb.jp

I was having problems with my stock tail lights and finally replaced them. I could not find anything that was semi-recessed like the originals so I went with a surface mounted set that was slightly smaller than the Bargmans. To make up for the size difference, I made a surface plate out of aluminum diamond plate stock to cover the original hole and surface mounted the new units. Everything was sealed up with butyl tape when I mounted it.

I used a set that I bought from fleabay. I tried to find them again for my nephew but have not been able to. The diamond plate came from a box that I bought from a local scrap yard. It cost me $20 for the whole box, if I bought it new from our local welding shop, it would have cost me much more. Now I have a bunch of extra diamond plate for a couple of other projects.

The Sunrader Bargman 1400's haven't been made in a long time. They are very wide. I always thought if I ever had to replace mine I would make a frame out of something easy to work with like HDPE and install these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bargman-Reflect-O-Light-Motorhome-Triple-Tail-Light-RV-Camper-Trailer-30-84-103-/221889392000?hash=item33a9a36d80&vxp=mtr

Linda S