1977 Chinook

moses195

I Think it is cool to add art to the otherwise dull interior of motorhomes..Wood paneling, conventional window covering, etc. bla, bla, I myself find very boring. Although I am not a big fan of decorative duct tape.. I do add a lot of art to the interior of any coach that I have ever owned. I plan on doing the interior of my Chinook over the winter. Donnie

You can't ignore form and function which was the case of the artist's choice of vehicles. Cute, fun and funky is fine but the space has to function or its useless. That look now has a new name in the design magazines..."the new bohemiam style". Or as I call it hippie revival, the more things change the more they stay the same. I guess even though I am an artist and of the hippie generation I always preferred the natural materials style of decoration. I much prefer parking in a naturally beautiful location with all the curtains wide open without a lot of wild decorative interior distraction taking away from the view. I don't like the interiors they put into the vintage motorhomes or many of the modern ones either. Paint and refacing or exchanging materials is a big help. Not much room for art on the walls in an 18' Sunrader but I will squeeze in some display space as part of the remodel.