Linda S posted the gasket recall notice, I checked and my vin is on the list. I am going to go to the dealer and check if mine was done.

However if mine has not been done I am not sure I would want a perfectly running engine with good compression torn apart. What are others opinion on this, fixing something that is not broke? I have a 93 V6 with 98,000 miles on it.

Jim

From someone who is dealing with problems - I say if it's not broke don't fix it! - On the other hand if you plan on putting another 100K on your truck it will most likely need the HG done, so you may want to consider having it done while there is still the chance to have it done for free. I took mine in today and they are going to do the HG, but I have been fighting a bunch of problems.

Linda S posted the gasket recall notice, I checked and my vin is on the list. I am going to go to the dealer and check if mine was done.

However if mine has not been done I am not sure I would want a perfectly running engine with good compression torn apart. What are others opinion on this, fixing something that is not broke? I have a 93 V6 with 98,000 miles on it.

Jim

if its recall and they are paying for heck yeah I would do it. they can inspect the other workings while in there and lets face it; at 100k its no spring chicken the gasket could always use a replacement. dealerships back their work.

also good opportunity "when in rome" to get water pump done etc.

Jim

I looked at the headgasket recall and all I saw was up to 1990. did not see anything for newer. may have to read it again as I have a 93 also.

you can go to

http://www.toyota.com/recall

type in your VIN and it will tell you if the HG or any other repairs are available for your vehicle.

I printed this out and took it with me to the Toyota Dealership.

It helped because the first service tech guy kept referring to the "Special Policy Adjustment" which had expired. I showed them that I was covered under the "Special Service Campaign" which was still viable. The printout from the Toyota/recall site under "Campaign Definitions" says

Special Service Campaign
A Special Service Campaign is the Toyota, Lexus, or Scion owner notification program to inform customers about specific product or technical issues for which inspection and/or repair is being offered without an expiration date. These issues are typically customer satisfaction initiatives. The described service will be performed at no charge to the vehicle owner.

Hope this helps, Thanks again to Linda S, for all the info on this HG recall

Thanks for posting, I went to the link and typed in my VIN and it came back.

checkMark.png

There are no open Safety Recalls or Service Campaigns for this vehicle.

How did yours return?? I also intentionally typed in the wrong VIN and it came back as non existing VIN. Jim