22Re "mystery" Wire Harness Plug

zero

Anybody got any idea what is goes to? It's on my 1988 Minicruiser with a 22RE. I just had it apart to put new fuel injectors in. Came across this two-prong wire-harness plug. It was marked by someone as if it was unplugged from something somewhere. I started the engine up and it runs fine and all my sensors, AC, and warning/indicator lights work fine. So does the temp gauge. I went out to my barn and looked at a spare 1987 22RE engine I have (yanked out of a U-Haul type box truck). It has the same two-prone female plug hanging out the front of the engine.

post-6578-0-55976400-1441216529_thumb.jp

I don't know what the wire is in the picture, but the two prong plug hanging out the front of the engine sounds like its an engine block heater for Winter use. Does that make any sense?

John

I know it's not for an engine-block heater. A block-heater has to use special heater cord - kind of like what a toaster uses. This is a Toyota factory wire-harness plug but I have no idea if it was ever hooked to anything in my Toyota, or not. Thanks for the input though.

I'm sure, like most Toyota's, they use the same harness for all applications. Maybe for an export country that has some requirement calling for that plug. (Just a guess.)

I've got the same one, I think. I found it kind of tucked away on top of the intake when I pulled it to redo my head gasket. One socket is perpendicular to the other. No idea what it's for, though. If you figure it out, let us all know and I'll do the same.

post-7936-0-93403700-1441411040_thumb.jp

I also have another mystery wire below the intake, it is a blue plastic two wire female with the two sockets inline, but I don't know what that one's for, either. Ah, the joys of owning a 28 yr. old vehicle w/ who knows how many previous owners.....

post-7936-0-50983500-1441411052_thumb.jp