Question On Toyo Home

davidtan

Hi Guys,

Took the Toyo home for the first time for a 3 nighter. Got a couple questions

1. Water - The water fill is a little weird. I am not sure if I am doing it right . I opened the water door and had to hold the hose in place (there is no way to attach it) . It kept backing out unless I had it on super low flow. It took me a good 10 minutes standing there holding the hose in place. Is this correct?

2. The water level gauge was showing only 3/4 full even when no more water would go in. The after 2 light showers , its in the red. Is this just a sensor thing or does the RV really take very little water? Does the rv have to be level when filling the water?

3. The same problem with the grey water meter. It showed full after 2 showers, When I dumped it, I swear there was less than 4. gallons that came out. Doe anybody know how much the grey water and black water tanks can hold?

5. How long can the fridge run on propane? I've had it on for over a week and it says its still 3/4 full

6. Tire Pressure -Front & Rear tires

7. Rear Tire - how do you get a reading from that one tire that has the valve facing the other way?

8. Air bag pressure?

Edited by davidtan

1. Yes I fill mine very slowly. No attachment for fresh water fill inlet

2 Those sensors don't work all that well. Mine don't work at all anymore. I'm sure someone here knows how big your tanks are. Fresh water is usually about 20 gallons.

3 again someone must know how big that gray tank is

4 I can run my fridge on propane from my 7 gallon tank all summer long. Doesn't use much

Linda S

On my Escaper, the fresh water tank is under the sofa. If I hold a flashlight right up against the side of the tank and slide it up and down, I can see the water level. I have never used the grey or black tanks. For that matter, I have only hauled water in the fresh tank and used the kitchen faucet to fill pans to use outdoors.

Linda,

How many showers do you think you can get from a full tank ?? Can you attach better level gauges?

Well if you want it to last I would think at least 5. I bet I could do 10 with 20 gallons. Wet, turn water off, soap up and rinse. 2 gallons max and I have long hair. Tank monitors are still available but nothing I would ever spend money on. Ya just don't need it. After a while you can gauge what's there just from habit. Find your water tank like Bob says and see if you can see it through a compartment door. Best way to know if there's any water there. I can see mine under the sink.

Linda S

2,3--look at the side of the guage panel, some have a trimpot to adjust the reading. If so try to adjust it with a full tank. They get less acurate as the tank level drops.

6--I run 48# front and 57# rear many different opinions on this.

7-- You need to get a tire gauge for duals, has 2 inlets, one straight the other is angled on the side. You will also need to get a similar tool to add air, it's called an air chuck.

8-- Mine came with a label that said 20 # min, 90 # Max, you may wish to run one side higher to balance the rig out. Mine has an Onan genset and the white tank both on the drivers side so I run the left side higher.

Propane, my gauge says it is empty, but tank is at least half full, there must be a better way??

I have the same label for air bags 20 min & 90max

I would not comment on tire pressure, I do not know how much your rig weights, what kind of tires you have or their load range.

The tank monitors are a joke. You can spend time and effort on snake oil tank monitor restorers and maybe get the fresh water one to work for a while! The monitors have contacts inside the tanks and the first time a piece of toilet paper sticks across the contacts, your monitor will no longer work! That is best case scenario, there are also delicate little 20 year old wires and connections. You will quickly develop a feel for how much water and how full the tanks are and can live without the gauges.

Bob has the best option for checking tank's that I know of. While you have the light out look in toilet to see black water level.

Hi Guys,

Took the Toyo home for the first time for a 3 nighter. Got a couple questions

1. Water - The water fill is a little weird. I am not sure if I am doing it right . I opened the water door and had to hold the hose in place (there is no way to attach it) . It kept backing out unless I had it on super low flow. It took me a good 10 minutes standing there holding the hose in place. Is this correct?

2. The water level gauge was showing only 3/4 full even when no more water would go in. The after 2 light showers , its in the red. Is this just a sensor thing or does the RV really take very little water? Does the rv have to be level when filling the water?

3. The same problem with the grey water meter. It showed full after 2 showers, When I dumped it, I swear there was less than 4. gallons that came out. Doe anybody know how much the grey water and black water tanks can hold?

5. How long can the fridge run on propane? I've had it on for over a week and it says its still 3/4 full

6. Tire Pressure -Front & Rear tires

7. Rear Tire - how do you get a reading from that one tire that has the valve facing the other way?

8. Air bag pressure?

#1. Problem with your water fill is normal.

#2. The remote-sense gauges often don't work - especially with capacitive sensors (tin foil on tanks)

#5 Propane refrigerator uses around 650 BTUs of energy per hour. That's 33 hours per pound, and 141 hours per gallon

#6 Tire pressure - 35 PSI is safe, 45-55 PSI is usually what the RV makers call for (for redundancy)

#7 Get a pressure gauge for trucks with two ends facing opposite directions

#8 Most makes call for a minimum of 20 PSI. Over that, inflate to wherever you want it to ride.

A note on tire pressures. Toyota called for 29 PSI with a load of 5500 lbs. max. That's with duallies. Trucks with single rear wheels called for 65 PSI in back and 26 PSI in front. Obviously the RV makers did not trust customers to maintain pressures and called for higher pressures for redundancy.

post-6578-0-23783900-1438780502_thumb.jp

If you want accurate gauges there is but one, See Level. They are mounted out side of the tanks except the propane tank.. As far as tire pressure there should be a coach makers label some where behind the driver seat pay no mind to the trucks label it's for a pickup not a MH. Mounted propane tanks use a float just like a gas tank they are not the best.