2L Diesel Sunrader

ACGreen

Well, first post here, long time lurker. I just bought my second Toyota motorhome after selling my chinook 2 years ago. I purchased a 2.4L Toyota 2L diesel converted 18' Sunrader. It's been posted here before and discussed. This thing is pretty nice. I drove from the Bay Area to sw Montana, made around a 1500 mile trip in it. I averaged 28 mpg on the trip going up multiple mountain passes. Never a overheat or any hiccup. The thing is gutless but doesn't feel much different than a chinook. 35-45 up mountain passes if I gained the momentum. The thing tops at 75ish with a tail wind. This thing is going to be a learning curve to work on but I'm confident. No parts in the States it seems but after talking to a Canadian dealership makes me a little more at ease. Anyways, expect some more posts in the future on my upgrades and remodel!

ACG

I don't believe it averages 28 MPG. I don't know how you get your readings but it make no sense to me. Heck, my 1985 Isuzu mini-truck with a 2.2 diesel and manual trans gets an average of 28 MPG and that's just a bare mini-truck. I know the mileage would drop like a rock if it had a camper body mounted on it. That's why I never tried to stick my 1978 Chinook body on it.