I could not find a thread on this topic, but I have a dilemma I can figure out

Trying to get my 22re running! first found that it had no compression, so I re did the piston rings,gaskets, and head, next realized not enough spark, so replaced with new distributor plugs and wires, still nothing. sounds like it wants to start but just constant turn over. Fuel is good spurts out nicely, checked the timing about 20 times, got it running one time! then radiator hose busted right over the alternator so had to shut it off quickly (unfortunately). replaced hose cleaned off alternator,

I am getting fuel spark and compression and still doesn't want to run. I have tried starting it so many times i have had to replace the starter, but the thing that gets me is that i had it run for at least 2 minutes and now nothing! The odometer reads 47,000 on it and had been sitting for 2 years before i received it about a month ago. Fuses seem fine, almost like i am not getting enough power to get it turned over all the way. it ends up draining my battery

Does anyone have any ideas that could possibly help or should i just invest in new motor?

I feel like its something small i'm over looking

Thank you!

Wow. Sounds like a neglected engine! Sounds like you're doing the right stuff to it, though. I would check to see if the egr valve is stuck open.

Beyond that, you're looking at electrical tests and emissions tests that I don't know much about...

Good luck.

Saying it has plenty of fuel really tells you nothing it is the pressure that has to be correct, around 35 PSI. Rent,borrow a tester the port is right in the fuel rail fuel pressure is the only constant in the entire injections system every thing else is variable and relies on fuel pressure to be accurate. I am not saying that is your problem but it is the first thing that needs to be checked before you can go any further. Any air leak on the induction system between the throttle body and the MAF will screw it up make sure all of that is tight it will not run with out the tubes hooked up. How are you checking the timing? There is a diamond on the distributor and an mark on the distributor gear when the # one cylinder is on compression at TDC you line up the diamond and the mark then put the distributor in just because the timing mark on the pulley is lined up does not mean it is firing on the right cylinder it can be 180* off remove #one plug turn it until you feel it force air out then align the marks. Of course you then use a light to adjust it to where it belongs once it's running. You can use a noid light or some thing to listen to the injectors if they are working they will click. There are many things that can cause your problem take care of the simple ones first do not assume they are fine until you know for fact they are.