Thermostat Location For Furnace

The furnace thermostat in my '90 Warrior is mounted on the panel which is part of the refrigerator vent. When the frig is running it generates enough heat to warm the thermostat enough so that the furnace does not kick in. I first thought the thermostat had failed and replaced it. I noticed that when the new one was just hanging by the wires it worked fine. When I mounted it back on the wall it didn't. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I missing something? I'm considering putting a block of foam insulation between the thermostat and the wall. Anyone have an other thoughts? Thanks

I too have that concern. I'm considering remounting the thermostat to the wall next to the bed. That way before getting up on a cold morning just reach over and kick her up a few degrees.

Low voltage thermostats are most reliable when they are located relatively close to the furnace. The length of the wire matters. So look at the manual of the thermostat for the recommendation of how long that wire run can be. In my shorty Sunrader it could have been run behind the bathroom and fed through the panel to the overcab wall. But then it would not have been convenient to reach when not in bed.

Thanks Corbin. What a great idea to put it in reach of the bed. I'm not sure how much wire it would take, Darrel, but I bet the wire run will actually be shorter. I'll keep you posted.

I would not mount it too low it's just a thermostat nothing RV about it other than it's cheap I use an electronic one that has set temperature timers to automatically come on at a higher temp in the morning and go off later at a lower temp.