Fuel Flow Pressure For The Generator Question

Milt

Does the Generator use the same fuel engine pump? or is there a second pump for the flow to the Generator?

The Generator is not getting fuel flow. Tried AIR at gas Cap to see if would come out and still nothing.

leaning on it was wired wrong with just a T there when the new tank was put in a few years back when my friend had it.

Going remove the line see if the second line is clog or plugged.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

post-8203-0-15053700-1431912911_thumb.jp

post-8203-0-42384100-1432014024_thumb.jp

Edited by Milt

What make and model? My onan has a separate electric fuel pump

• 4 weeks later...

onan manuals are available. you can just about count on there being a self contained fuel pump. Would not be surprised if there is a fuel shutoff valve somewhere nearby.

found this one with a google search https://www.cumminsonan.com/www/pdf/manuals/981-0506.pdf

there are many more.

yes, the plumbing is important. I think the standard gen kit involved a separate fuel line that was designed NOT to reach to the bottom of the tank - if the tank was at 1/4 or less NO fuel would get to the gen (presumably so that someone boondocking would be able to drive to a gas station rather than running dry out in the sticks).