Selling Our Sunrader

Debbit

Yeah, you're one of the "people who prefer that setup", then.

If I had more than myself and one other person, I would sure want a bigger camper than the one pictured. For me, that truck/camper combo is an inefficient use of space. 3 more feet of camper and no double cab makes more sense. I would assume a family would want a much bigger camper than that, double cab or not. So I'm definitely only making that statement in regards to this particular camper.

But yeah, for a minimalist family who just wants the camper for the stove, bathroom and place to eat out of the elements if it gets nasty, but wants everyone in a true car seat with seatbelts, that camper would work alright. As it is, it just seems like way too small a camper to justify a quad cab. It's the size camper a single person or a couple without children would typically want.

Zach,

Yes Sir, you are on the money, for camping with family you want a bigger camper,

I am looking at day trip to the beach, salmon/steelhead fishing 3 hours away, with possibility to catch some shut eye before heading back home.

for me, well my 3 girls in the family (grand ma and 2 daughters), they refuse to use a porta john ;-)

My mother and I target the nocturnal species and it good to have a place to lie flat for few hours.

I like the ones made out of cutaway van chassis as the height of the floor is lowest compared to truck frame.

my mother has a few issues with her ankle nerves and being low helps her a lot.

It's ok. I did finally get photos from iPhone resized. The ad is up here. Feel free to call or pm or email any questions.

We bought an older rialta. I have both westfalia and sunrader up for sale. It is going to be really hard to sell each one. It will be even harder if the rialta is as trouble prone as some believe. But I believe the man I bought it from, and my favorite VW shop said it is in excellent mechanical condition. It still isn't fast, but it is considerably better suited for a lot of highway travel in a hurry. And for stealth camping.

I've spent the last few days sorting through files coming across lots of pictures of all the great trips we've taken in it! It is sure a good one!!

Changed CL ad a bit, we bought a 95 rialta, borrowed some money and anxious to pay it back. I hope we don't regret buying it. I know I'll miss the Sunrader!

Wow. Selling a vehicle "long distance" is a very interesting experience! And that is putting it mildly. I think the price is more than fair, I have had a lot of interest, but it's still here....

Your pictures could be better. Kind of too close in most and don't give the full view. Funny all your pictures of your remodels in the past have been spot on. Maybe you don't really want to sell it. I will post it on the toyota-campers site and see if you get some more interest. I think your price is too cheap by the way

Linda S

Yeah, I've had some trouble choosing the pictures. I've had a lot of interest, and I'm sure it will be sold in a few days. My husband agrees the price is low, but there is so much other stuff Going on that needs my attention, a quick sale seems best. It is an amazing amount of effort responding to people's calls, texts and emails, trying to facilitate travel plans, photo requests, making sure I accurately represent it to long distance buyers.....and still there are misunderstandings! I could pm you some tales

Too many tire kickers out there who are dreamers and never will commit. Too many low ballers looking for the deal of a lifetime which of course is not compatible with your goal. You can't weed those types out of the responders. Those types are addicted to the treasure hunting roller coaster thrill ride of endorphins coursing through their blood. They need the fix of the hunt. Its part of why people keep on looking at and then re-posting craigslist ads. They can't shut it off. They don't care that they are wasting the seller's time and resources because in the long run you are not a real person to them, you are just another form of free video game entertainment. But since you are not a professional seller you don't know how to sort out that type quickly so you get sucked into their routine.

If you had that Toy listed in Seattle (at this time of the year) it would have sold within a few day's time.

Since you are in a location that does not seem to be super hot for Sunraders:

Put together a temporary blog with photos, specifications. copies of the original brochures and a short video tour. Post the link in the ads.

If you end up needing to list it on Ebay then that temporary website will also keep people from pestering you with a lot of questions. If you do keep getting the same question over and over it means you need to edit the blog and provide the answer to that question. Once it is sold delete the blog.

A lot more interest now, from here and the Toyota camper site. And yeah, I get the thrill seeker explaination. That exactly fits some of the response. Thanks everybody!

Thanks all. Buyer seemed like he "got it", but now I see he didn't. SIGH!!! Oh @%#

the last thing I want to do is get into a feud with the man who bought my beloved sunrader. But the first thing I want to do is make sure my friends here know some truths.

we have driven this little RV all over the country, it has never leaked a drop of oil, tranny fluid, or water in the engine, ever. it didn't even use oil. these people took it for a test drive, and looked the engine over thoroughly from above and below, and would have spotted any oil if it had been leaking.

I spoke to this gentleman at length before he left home. I told him we had disconnected the water to the toilet and used a 1/2 gallon jug of water to flush to conserve water and reduce the amount of water going into the black water tank. I also told him the brand new valve and gasket kit was in the cupboard, should he want to install it.

we, in good faith, believe there were no leaks in the camper. we had worked very hard to find and seal them all.

I plainly stated to him that it does best between 55 and 60 mph. He says he doesn't remember me telling him that. I'm sure after being driven as fast as he could make it go for 6 1/2 hours, it isn't the sunrader we sold him.

I wish we had waited for the nice man in Albuquerque who told me he had been looking 2 years for a sunrader, and he could be there this weekend. He would have known what a gem he was getting!

this whole thing is terribly upsetting.