This A True 1 Ton Full Floater Rear Axle?

kayakthecoast

No it's not a full floater. If it's the ad in Portland they have pics of the undercarriage. Look at the inside wheel. the brake adjustment area on a true dually would be depressed into the wheel. On this one the inside of the wheel is flat which means it's a fooley not a dually

Linda S

Pretty sure the guy that sold it compared rigs with my friend Jerry when he first bought it. Jerry had a 4x4 Sunrader too but with the front range full float conversion and single wheels in the back. 16 inch E load range tires. It was a bear.

Linda S

This rear axle off an 1987 extended cab 4x4 Sunrader (not mine) does not seem to have the 6 inner lug bolts and end nuts on the inside axle? Is this a full floater? See pic

There is not enough info in that photo to determine what it is. For sure it is not an original Toyota/Dyna full-floating dually. That does not rule out some sort of full-float conversion with an added dual-wheel adapter. All it takes is a spindle/hub-extension, two bearings, and a custom-made axle to fit. If that ring of inner bolts are holding in the end of an axle flange, then yes it IS a full-floater. Can't tell with just the one photo. Any axle-assembly that has non-weight bearing axles is full-floating. So called "fake duallies" are usually just cast-iron or aluminum adapters that stick way out and allow a second wheel to be bolted on. That picture could be showing a mixture of both - but again, not enough info. Just looking at the one photo, if kind of looks like a cast-iron Arrowcraft wheel-extension with a second wheel just bolted to it.

I recognized Jason's description as a 4x4 that was on craigslist in Portland and the original ad had more pictures. It was the standard set-up that Sunrader put on their 4x4's and appeared to be un-altered with original wheels. I've seen enough of them to know what it is

Linda S