Not Charging

superdee

Also, more information would be helpful. When was the last time it worked? Did it ever work? Did you just buy this?

If we aren't even sure if it's hooked up correctly, it doesn't make much sense to troubleshoot more complex problems. Can you tell if it's hooked up properly? Photos might help people here if you aren't sure if it's hooked up right.

If you don't have a volt meter, go and buy a good one before you go any further. You can pick up a usable one for under $25. I would get a digital unit that turned itself off if it does not get used for a while, it save batteries.

Start at the beginning:

1. Do you have power to the RV? Sounds stupid, but I always check incoming power before wasting time going any further. My converter plugs into a 120 v outlet inside the cabinet where it is mounted. Check the voltage there.

2. Are the fuses on the converter good. My converter has 2 fuses on the side of it that protect the converter from power surges from your shore power. It also has 2 fuses for the output to the RV. Check them all with a continuity tester to make sure that they actually are good. I have seen fuses that look good but do not test good.

3. Check the converter for power output. Use your volt meter to make sure that the converter is actually putting out power.

4. My battery has fuses mounted right next to the battery box. These fuses are there to protect the battery and the entire RV in case of a short circuit. If you have a short circuit in an unfused wire, you can end up loosing the RV due to an electrical fire.

Some photos of you converter, battery, fuses, any distribution panel would be very helpful.

We will talk you through your problems but we need more information.

Bob

If you don't have a volt meter, go and buy a good one before you go any further. You can pick up a usable one for under $25. I would get a digital unit that turned itself off if it does not get used for a while, it save batteries.

Start at the beginning:

1. Do you have power to the RV? Sounds stupid, but I always check incoming power before wasting time going any further. My converter plugs into a 120 v outlet inside the cabinet where it is mounted. Check the voltage there.

2. Are the fuses on the converter good. My converter has 2 fuses on the side of it that protect the converter from power surges from your shore power. It also has 2 fuses for the output to the RV. Check them all with a continuity tester to make sure that they actually are good. I have seen fuses that look good but do not test good.

3. Check the converter for power output. Use your volt meter to make sure that the converter is actually putting out power.

4. My battery has fuses mounted right next to the battery box. These fuses are there to protect the battery and the entire RV in case of a short circuit. If you have a short circuit in an unfused wire, you can end up loosing the RV due to an electrical fire.

Some photos of you converter, battery, fuses, any distribution panel would be very helpful.

We will talk you through your problems but we need more information.

Bob

tried posting pics file too big? new battery. has power. everything works ac/dc. battery doesnt charge. dont see any fuses behind fuse panel next to converter. will look inside electrical box for fuse.

Edited by superdee

OK you have a fairly modern charging system it is protected by 30 fuses in the converter/charger if the battery for the coach was installed backwards for a split second it took the 30 amp fuses out they should be in the charger it's self. The DC stuff will still probably work your AC stuff will only work if it's plugged in. Beyond that is a matter of checking every thing out again you'll need a volt meter and some ideal of how this all works the MH has two charging systems one works plugged in the other works when the MH is running.