Front Window Leaking?

shibs

We have leaks in the same areas. It is hard to tell where the water comes from. Ours is fiberglass, so the water just puddles up there and doesn't soak in. We sealed up the marker lights, yet it still leaked after a rain. I sat up in the bunk, peering close to suspected leaky area while husband stood on a ladder outside and ran a hose over the area. I could plainly see the water seeping in at the window gaskets on the left front window up there. I'm not sure I'd do this with frame construction, but I can tell you it is worth going after any possible water penetration points as water can come in one place, run along and come out somewhere else. A LOT of water can come in a seam or hole. Our marker lights were loose, cracked and I'm sure contributed to the wetness. We had some empty screw holes, that would have leaked and then the window gasket, big weepy spot! I'd cover all bases.

This stuff will seal anything http://www.sashco.com/products/lexel/ but only use it on the out side, never put it under anything to seal because it just is way too strong. It sticks to anything even wet surfaces. If the area though ever had silicon sealant then you have to try and remove the residue left by the silicon, but that holds tru for any sealant over silicon residue.