Wedge Wood Stove Oven Tear Down Adding Used Parts

Anyone removed a wedge wood stove/oven?

I want to remove the rear flange that has the airflow vent in it.

I have the 4 burner top and oven combo.

Do I need to remove the entire unit? All I really want is to remove the rear top flange. See my pic, the last stainless part in the rear of photo.

Why? I scored a few used parts today! See second pic!

My stove top will look brand new when I'm done. I need to add 2 small bolts to add the new stove cover under the rear flange, and I want to sand a polish my existing stainless.

post-7537-0-15380800-1422060672_thumb.jp

post-7537-0-00239200-1422060769_thumb.jp

Just removed mine to clean out a mouse house. Two screws were holding in the whole thing, screwed into the countertop. Disconnect gas line and it slides right out the front. The vent you want to remove is held in with some sheet metal screws on the underside. I have mine disassembled for cleaning and paint. Easily can take pics of anything if needed.

Cool little info on introduction of Elk into NZ http://www.elkarama.co.nz/history.html

I guess in NZ wapiti refers to crossbreed / Elk refer to pure breed, Natives in North American language Wapiti translate to White Rump or Elk

will paint only cook top and trim high heat, front is stainless & nice. color no clue, worried about the metal inserts for the stove top scratching the crap outta any paint job under them.

ideas always help !

I'll be painting my trim with high heat black, and my stainless oven door is rusty so I'll paint that too. I think it will contrast well with the almond top and cover I got at a used rv store. Nice article on wapiti, my uncle in the early 80's did live deer extraction with a net gun flying low in a helicopter, and would tie trophy deers legs together and hoist away live back to a fenced big game farm! Pretty lucrative business for awhile.

Looks like a new stove!! All my rusty stainless steel I sanded and sprayed with high heat semi gloss black $7 bucks at lowes. And with my almond stove top and folding cover, it's a good quick fix.

For those of you in WA State I found a great used parts rv store:

West Coast RV Recycling and sales. Basically a used rv parts what're house!!

1103 west Reynolds ave

Centralia wa 98531

360-669-0346

Nice guy running it. Tons of windows, ladders, stoves, lots of small parts handles, etc.

post-7537-0-19779700-1422331043_thumb.jp

post-7537-0-27224500-1422331082_thumb.jp

Looks like a new stove!! All my rusty stainless steel I sanded and sprayed with high heat semi gloss black $7 bucks at lowes. And with my almond stove top and folding cover, it's a good quick fix.

For those of you in WA State I found a great used parts rv store:

West Coast RV Recycling and sales. Basically a used rv parts what're house!!

1103 west Reynolds ave

Centralia wa 98531

360-669-0346

Nice guy running it. Tons of windows, ladders, stoves, lots of small parts handles, etc.

Great info, and close by, Thanks