Black Hose At Bottom Of Fresh Water Tank?

whyverne14

Still haven't figured out what that hose does. Hangs straight down. I'm afraid to mess with it. If it is a valve that you push or pull on, I worried that I wouldn't be able to get it closed again. I don't think it's a low point drain, I can see them draining on the other side.

Here comes the frigidity! I hope they don't have to lay down the salt. I made a rule, no driving in salt.

the tank has its own drain look around for a drain faucet some are on the outside. still could be a tank drain all come new with some type of tank drain.

If it is a tank drain, there should be a petcock either somewhere on the tank or in-line on the hose that you are looking at. Mine has the petcock on the outside of the driver's side wall right in front of the wheel well.

the tank has its own drain look around for a drain faucet some are on the outside. still could be a tank drain all come new with some type of tank drain.

If it is a tank drain, there should be a petcock either somewhere on the tank or in-line on the hose that you are looking at. Mine has the petcock on the outside of the driver's side wall right in front of the wheel well.

Thanks for the answers. I saved them for spring. I had assumed that if I dug into the insulation at the top of the hose, I would probably find a valve of some sort. I was mostly wondering why I would do that. I don't think I need that valve.