32 Mpg Sunrader For Sale !!

zero

I think this guy is having pipe dreams. But a $500 Sunrader might be a good deal, even if just for parts. I'm trying to find out more. It's a 100 miles from me. By the way, I drove a Winnebago Lesharo with a GM 3800 cc engine installed. Ran nice and got 14.5 MPG on a highway cruise. Pretty much the same mileage it got before with the OEM French 2.2 gas engine - but had a lot more power.

1985 Toyota Sunrader Project 3800sc Motor - $1200 (Burton)
6017.png6017.png6018.png6018.png
marker-shadow.png
marker-icon.png
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
wilmar at davison

(google map) (yahoo map)

condition: fair

1985 Toyota Sunrader Project. The original r22 engine and transmission are missing but I bought a 1999 Pontiac 3800sc engine and ecu and 2000 Camaro transmission to go behind it.
This will be a $10k rv when you finish.
This rv should get 25-32 mpg with plenty of horsepower when finished. Sleeps 4 has stove, refrigerator, bathroom, the interior will need a good cleaning. New Tires.

What is needed to finish engine swap;
Motor mounts
Engine Harness
Fuel Pump
ect.

The RV will need to finish;
Steering column or have key made
Bumper
Fender driver side
Turn Signal driver side

$500 for the rv, $1200 for the whole package.

No title, but i should be able to get one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Motorhome-21-foot-/191389439807?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2c8fb3173f&item=191389439807&pt=RVs_Campers

now this one is scary.... you know its bad when they admit they use the sink as a toilet. Cant tell if has death axle, and the motor they claim is a brand i have never heard of but possibly misspelled Mitsubishi?

I know I am not the prince of spelling or punctuation but if you really want a fun read check this out... lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Motorhome-21-foot-/191389439807?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2c8fb3173f&item=191389439807&pt=RVs_Campers

now this one is scary.... you know its bad when they admit they use the sink as a toilet. Cant tell if has death axle, and the motor they claim is a brand i have never heard of but possibly misspelled Mitsubishi?

I know I am not the prince of spelling or punctuation but if you really want a fun read check this out... lol

The 3800 CC Pontiac V6 is a common choice for engine swaps into Winnebago LeSharos and Phasars. They come OEM with 2.2, four-cylinder gas engines. Since those Winnebago RVs are already front-wheel drive- the 3800 cc engine swap usually entails the engine, trans, front drive axles,etc. And no - those Winnebagos do not get 32 MPG when done. More like 14-16 MPG. Can't see how a Sunrader will do any better and probably worse. Less aerodynamic.

Here's one guy's report of a road-test after yanking the 2.2 out of his 1984 Winnebago Lesharo and installilng a GM (Pontiac-Buick-Olds) 3800 cc V6 and trans. It probably WOULD make a good engine in a Toyota. Just not sure it's worth all the work. Lesharo weighs a bit more then a typical 21 foot Toyota and also has 14" tires - but singles, not duals.

On the scale the 84 empty weight came to 5780 Lbs. The title now reads 5900. Loaded with water and normal roadtrip outfit, the thing must be over 6500 Lbs. So even the 3.8 has its limitations in a rig like this. Sure beats the heck out of the 2.2 though. I got between 15 and 18mpg on my recent roadtrip to NM. It oddly seems to do better at altitude and up and down curvy mountain roads. Of course when I'm on the highway it's hard to NOT do 70 to 75 because it does it so easily... I should clock a long trip at 65 and do an honest comparison.