Help Please! ITEM OR KIT NUMBER for PROTHANE BUSHINGS. Rear Suspension Bushings (kit), Front Suspension Bushings (kit), Front & Rear Sway Bar Bushings (kits) Summit Racing referred me to tech named Bo at Prothane -- no one could order bushings, because they did not know item number! For 1992 Toyota Motorhome 22 ft with dual rear wheels and is one ton. THANKS. Need to order asap. New Member (medical neccessity; chemo treatments for wife) Appreciate any help, even 1 part number! Thanks again!

• 4 months later...

Copy and paste of email from aftermarketsuspensionparts.com

Hello,

Unfortunately I do not see a listing for your motorhome so I cannot guarantee fitment for any bushing. It would be best to look in our universal section for bushings for that vehicle:
http://www.aftermarketsuspensionparts.com/Universal-Bushings.asp

Even though it has a different chassis I still cannot guarantee fitment so it would be best to consult with Prothane manufacturers directly on the parts you've been looking at for the vehicle to make sure they will work correctly with your application. Since we’re a dealer of the Prothane Brand, we recommend contacting the manufacturer directly.

Prothane’s Phone Number is: toll free 1 888 776 8426 or http://www.prothane.com

I apologize for the inconvenience, and I hope you will let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

From memory (very unsafe), I seem to recall that there's no 'kit for the 1-Ton DRW chassis. Also from memory, a regular 'pickup kit is almost right except that it contains 2 different bushings (2 each) whereas the DRW requires 4 of 1 type and none of the other (if that makes sense!).

Once the caffeine kicks in, I'll see if I can try to confirm my 'memories'. :)

8, not 4. Close but no cigar. :)

"Depends on your vehicle but the site for Prothane is:

www.prothane.com

Where they have a catalog of all the different Toyota kits.

In my case, I bought the Total Kit for 89-94 Toyota Trucks, Model 18-2004 from Neverenoughauto on Ebay, Cost $73 plus $12 shipping.

It looked like the cost of all the individual kits would be over $150.

What arrived was a big box titled Prothane Total Kit. Inside were the individual boxes or cards of 7 different kits.

The Prothane kit for the rear springs, Kit 18-1005, had the right parts in it but I needed 4 extra 61056 bushings to complete the job. The four larger 60364's in the box were too big to fit in the springs. Summary: all four spring ends required the same eight 61056 bushings to do the job on my 91 Warrior."

Source:- https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/toyota-campers/conversations/messages/172619

Thank you for posting that info Derek! I spent far too much time on internet, phone, chat and email trying to get conformation I was ordering the right part... And that it was in stock and could be shipped in a timely manner.

The kit I ordered seems to be a bit different in that I do not see Shock bushings in it? Also I was able to order the 25 MM sway bar bushings that I need.

I was upset that you bought the kit for $85 and I paid $115, ruined my day :angry03: All I could find on Ebay was $85 and $30 shipping and no communication with sellers.

I ordered from

aftermarketsuspensionparts.com

Details Name Unit Price Quantity Total PackageDeal047 Toyota Pickup 2WD 89-94 Bushings Pack $105.52 1 $105.52 Color: - Red - - Front Sway Bar Bushings: - 25mm - 8.5104 - - Sub Total: $105.52 Shipping: $9.99 Grand Total: $115.51

Some pictures in the yahoo group Here

Remember to replace the front bushing first on the spring. Much easier with the shackle on the rear disassembled.

Prothane supplied the extra bushings I needed at no charge, not even shipping.

My previous post on the yahoo site:

"Using the Prothane web site, I found the appropriate kit for the 1990 Toyota pickup. The rear spring kit was about $30 but the entire vehicle kit was about $75 on Ebay, so I ordered the larger kit.

I propped up one side of the Warrior with a large hydraulic jack and then added a jack stand for extra safety. I removed all three wheels off the starboard side and ended up priming and painting them a nice silver.

Then I found a half inch thick coat of tar and pebbles inside the wheel well. After three cans of engine degreaser and a roll of paper towels and some rags, the wheel well looked much better. I don't like carrying any more dead weight than necessary.

With the weight off the suspension system, the rear spring rear bushings came out pretty easily. The old bushings were in bad shape. The one in the spring was completely worn through.

The new bushings went in easily enough. Aligning the spring so that it matched the bolt hole took about an hour. Using the cab jack in various configurations and heights, I was able to the match the bolt holes and bolt it together.

The front bushing of the spring was also completely worn through. However, the bushings provided by Prothane were much too fat to fit. The front bushing needed to be the same as the rear spring bushing. I ended up using the ones for the other side of the camper.

I called Prothane and they agreed to send four more of the thinner bushings, no cost so that I can finish the port side. Good company.

With the new bushing in place, I could not get the spring to come forward enough to match the bolt hole. After a couple of hours of jacking the spring to various heights, still no luck. Finally, I moved the jack stand right behind the spring so that it could not pivot aft. I put a wood block to the jack stand and put another jack horizontal to push the spring forward enough to bolt the forward end in place.
"

Thanks for posting that. The pictures are very helpful. Nice looking toy, the underside looks better than mine!

How do people keep getting the complete kits for $75? The best I could find was $85 and 30 shipping. JIm SW FL

Thanks Derek

I see no option for the sway bar bushing size on this?? But 20% cheaper, I am going to elect you official parts sourcer for the toy forum :D

This would have done me no good as they are stating 1-3 weeks delivery, I need the kit by Friday. My kit is in Tampa already and may be delivered tomorrow or tue.