Original Sunrader Fabric

Fj40 man

Does anyone have a line on the tan sandstone fabric that was used to cover couch and captains chairs and toilet cover?or is anyone replacing what they have and want to sell the old fabric?

This style interior on the captains chairs and mattress in this picture is what I need.

post-7849-0-90233500-1412956760_thumb.jp

Yeah I knew what you meant. Mines the same fabric. I gotta tell you, sourcing 20 year old fabric is close to impossible. I don't know anyone who has thrown out fabric that was still useable. Is it the sofa you need to cover? That's quite a bit of material. I would try to find something compatible with the rest. Maybe a solid the same color or the darker color of the dots. I did look for you at a few online places and got nothing.

Linda S

My couch is actually perfect so i covered it! the problem is the back of the swivel captains chairs have been worn from striking the window when rotated.

Just redo the back of the chair in a contrasting material. That way it will look like it was designed that way

Ya I was thinking about doing that already... but having done many high dollar restorations keeps my mind set to search the earth until I find the illusive part I need. I really want my Sunrader to stay original. I was thinking a stronger material for a high stress area might make more sense but then I get stuck on original.

That original material is amazingly durable. My Toyota was perfect when I got it but my Nissan was trashed. Fabric was so dirty I thought it was brown. It was really the pale blue. Mold everywhere. Took a chance and went to a laundrymat and washed the covers multiple times with detergent and oxyclean. They came out like new. If I ever find some fabric I will send it your way but don't hold your breath. The plaids they also offered the same years is always shot. Only the velour lasted

Linda S