Toyota Granville

Daddy Rabbit

Hi. I'm going to look at a Toyota Granville tomorrow. It has 72000 miles on it and it seems to be priced right. Is there anything I should look for that could be trouble in the future? This is my second look at one. The first one got away 15 minutes before I could buy it. I have been looking ever since. Found a couple on craigslist that were scams. Please help if you have any advice.

Edited by Daddy Rabbit

all kinds of things mass rot roof leaks old tires that look new how does the trans shift do the appliances work a new frige can run more then a 1000. tires more then 6 mabe 7 years old should be replaced the eng if it is a v 6 has a head gasket recall been done. or the timing belt replaced do the lights all work.in short look it over top to bottem under inside out.

As mentioned, there are lots of things to look out for. You are looking at a vehicle, so you have to be aware of the mechanical condition of the truck. Then the structure of the coach. Check for soft spots and evidence of leaks. Then there are the appliances, water lines and electrical systems. It's tricky!! Common sense is very important, as is an understanding of your skills, abilities and what is important to you. If it looks well cared for, that's good. Manuals and repair records and receipts, also good.

I've bought 3, and all had something wrong, usually in the "plumbing" freezing lines are common. Leaking is a close second.
Good luck!

bring a friend to help

look under bed above cab for water damage

look for anything sagging pealing or water stains

have owner plug in rv for power and have him have frig cold (takes a couple hours)

look at the tire date (DOT) 6-7 years replace..