City Water Hook Up Failed

I installed all new pex plumbing in Shasta a few years ago. I can fill my fresh water tank thru city water connection. Well I hooked up hose for the first time this year to fill up tanks and No water would enter RV. ? Thought i didnt turn on hose spigot. But no. There is a valve in city water connection which failed. Must have backflow valve. This is the original city water connection, i never changed it. Need to look for new one. Just some info for those who might have same problem and dont know where to look.

Yes there is another one in the pump. There is just a small spring on the city water inlet you should be able to open it easily with your finger and the water pressure should open it also. Generally if they go bad they leak water when the pump is running. How did you plumb the system to fill the tank, with a separate valve? The water pump has a valve inside of it to block the city water when it's hooked up so it does not fill the tank and run out on the ground.

Thanks for advice. I looked in while fiddling on Monday and saw spring. I pressed and water shot me in the face. HA. I learned here how to install bypass for city tank fill. I have never filled tank other way. I wish i hadn't bothered with installing all the new plumbing for gravity fill. I have 2 valves. One right inside rv where city water comes in, and another near tank. Fills up quick. i have never had the pleasure of camping with water hooked up.

Never thought, with original setup the valve in city connection keep water out when pump was running.

Thanks for advice. I looked in while fiddling on Monday and saw spring. I pressed and water shot me in the face. HA. I learned here how to install bypass for city tank fill. I have never filled tank other way. I wish i hadn't bothered with installing all the new plumbing for gravity fill. I have 2 valves. One right inside rv where city water comes in, and another near tank. Fills up quick. i have never had the pleasure of camping with water hooked up.

Never thought, with original setup the valve in city connection keep water out when pump was running.

Yeah the pump pressure pushes the valve closed so your tank water does not run out on the street.

to each there own setup . I use my gravity fill to fill at home. then out in the woods I use a plastic flex funnel to refill my tank from two five gallon portables by using a one gallon jug to bail goes pretty fast. I doubled my black water capacity with an 18 gallon thetford smart tote.