Finished with the first round of decorating. Probably all we'll do for a while. Not fond of carpet, but want to research other options than pergo type floors. The sun rader has real nice carpet and thick padding. Gotta admit it feels pretty cozy.

No objections to the oak cabinets or upholstery color either. Don't much like the white fiberglass table and will be looking for something slightly shorter and probably wood. For some reason, drapes felt better in this camper instead of mini blinds. Don't know why, but I think they "work"

Some before and after

post-7310-0-91983400-1398226270_thumb.jp

post-7310-0-84883300-1398226296_thumb.jp

post-7310-0-60182200-1398226390_thumb.jp

I like drapes or curtains better cause they have some insulating value. Mini blinds don't unless you buy the expensive double thickness pleated ones. Plastic does nothing and that rear window is big.

I like your table. The fiberglass type are desired and if you don't want it at least sell it to someone who does.

I also see you have a double sink cover that matches. I don't think I have ever seen that before.

Also why do you have supports up next to the sink and stove. I see that on Sunraders with no roof beam but yours has the beam. I wish I had that. I still have my original carpet too. Mine looks like hell but it is warm and soft.

Great job as usual.

Linda S

Thanks!

I put the table back in tonight and like it a lot better now that the back is cleaned up. Probably will continue to use it. My husband thinks the columns were an add on and a bad one at that. Glad we should be able to take them off, and they don't serve much purpose.

I like the sink cover too. Since my slide out pantry is in pieces, I put the sink cover, cutting boards and drain mat in that space. But it would like to rebuild the slide out pantry, it is a neat idea. Carpet will stay. When we put hardwood floors in the dolphin, they were cold and I was constantly cleaning. Dirt isn't there if you can't see it!! Hope to register it tomorrow, then take off on a trip end of April.

Pergo or other laminates are cold and slippery. I store stuff under my table and if I had laminate it would slide right up to the cab every time I stopped. When I do finally remove my carpet, I am looking at thick sheet vinyl like Armstrong cushion step. Kind of feels like a rubber mat but thinner. Still has insulating properties, and it's not slippery at all. Lowes has some cheap but the 12 ft width means I'd still have to spend a little more than I want to so the pattern ran in the direction I want. I like the idea of having something I can sweep clean and have no seams but still feel warm and soft. Someday. I meant to check flooring stores for remnants but I can put stuff off forever. Debbit not so much. She just dives into the job and does excellent work

Linda S

Thanks. I do enjoy it!

There is this business in my town, a sort of sporting/RV/military salvage second hand barn full of stuff lots of odds and ends to root through. Yesterday I found an RV table that is exactly what I wanted. It even extend to take a leaf should we need a bigger table. $50.

I got it, some marker lenses and a couple of other odds and ends. Anyway, I believe I will be giving the white table away to anyone who can figure out how to get it.

As to the colonial style braces in the picture, I removed one and saw the cabinets are wanting to sag down from the ceiling. I don't know if driving screws into new spots will keep them from coming down, or if the supports are the best idea.

There are lots of options for supporting your overhead cabinets. Shelf support brackets will work pretty good and you can search around hardware stores and H. Depot and Lowe's for more options. Even just a simple stainless steel tube set in an upper and lower bracket will work quite well.

My '85 Dolphin came stock with some brackets that were meant to look like wrought iron. They were just bent steel, rusty and not very interesting so I removed them and made some new ones when I painted the interior. The new ones are made from some hardwood and 1/4" aluminum rods. They're a little hard to see in these pictures but they're the best I have. I painted the two under the long cabinet over the stove but I left the one over the sink natural finish. The aluminum rods are all unpainted and I roughed them up a bit with some 80 grit sandpaper. The aluminum rods make a great place to hang stuff like a dish rag or keys or whatever.

post-2678-0-94103900-1398545395_thumb.jppost-2678-0-83052800-1398545411_thumb.jppost-2678-0-62013800-1398545427_thumb.jp

John

Well, that's good to know! What about the metal, carpeted arches that go from side to side?

I really like those supports in the picture John.