I bought a huge role of this several years ago to do my 35 foot Pace Arrow motorhome windows. The reflective film allows no one to see inside unless you have a light on and it is dark outside. It's probably going to be a cop magnet. It took me 1 hour per window because it takes for ever to get rid of the tiny bubbles trapped in the film when you install them. Its going to be a cop magnet. I hope not. I did both the driver and passenger windows and intend on doing the front windows over the cab that point up to the Sun at a 45 degree angle it seems. I'm sure it will cut down on the heat.

post-7661-0-78438900-1397779264_thumb.jp

post-7661-0-47213600-1397779340_thumb.jp

I bought a huge role of this several years ago to do my 35 foot Pace Arrow motorhome windows. The reflective film allows no one to see inside unless you have a light on and it is dark outside. It's probably going to be a cop magnet. It took me 1 hour per window because it takes for ever to get rid of the tiny bubbles trapped in the film when you install them. Its going to be a cop magnet. I hope not. I did both the driver and passenger windows and intend on doing the front windows over the cab that point up to the Sun at a 45 degree angle it seems. I'm sure it will cut down on the heat.

Yeah against the law in California. Also, Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Possibly in many other states too depending on how much light it lets through. I'd say more than a cop magnet. Closer to, you hooked him and chained him to your bumper

Linda S

hey Linda are you one of the top posters here so I really respect your opinion, but I'm going to test it out anyway since I got nothing to hide and I'm not carrying! Besides, the total area of the motor home that is mirror is so small that maybe I'll get under the radar!

Hey it's your rig and you can do what you want with it. I was just going to tell you that here you wouldn't get more than a couple of blocks before you got stopped. Then I decided to look up the laws in other states. With a regular tint they can tell just by looking if light is going through and that you can see. With the mirror tint the reflection blocks that judgment and the only way to tell if it's legal is to stop you and inspect it. Could be a pain after a while.

Linda S

I was shopping for tinting for the Subaru before we got the RV and there were many types, one kind the guy said he would put on the front side windows is mostly clear and stops much IR and ultraviolet and is really thick, that helps insulate both ways and also makes it harder to break into the glass. For now we just put a thick blanket on back of the bottom of the cabover pad down to the cab floor to seperate the cab and cabin.

edit edit :)

john

You need to check your state laws maybe stop by an inspection or police station some states allow tint on every thing but the drivers window.

I don't think anyone would give it a second look. I live in one of those listed illegal states, "Idaho," and would rock that mirror tint all day long. Sure it might be against the law but the majority of the time here you would never be stopped. Maybe once in a blood moon , haha, but I would expect them to just explain the state laws and not issue a ticket. But again, this is Idaho and not California. Btw, don't move here ;)

In Maine, (pop.1.25 million) they will stop you and hand you a citation to have it inspected. It is a safety issue for law enforcement if they can not see the driver.