Hydro Flame 8500

Debbit

We are working our way through our new to us sunrader. We have all the manuals for it, and the furnace manual shows a gas valve that just isn't there on our furnace. The instructions say to "turn the gas valve to "on". There is NO on /off valve where they show. I can't find any other instructions, showing a different location for said valve. Any advice?

Usually they are between the copper line and the furnace right at the furnace. I don't know of too many people that turn them off they are not that easy to get to and about the only reason I could see is for servicing the unit. Some do not have a handle like a normal valve and have to be turn on and off with a screw driver.

My furnace has no access to anything with that I can turn on and off. The gas valve I would assume is the one on your propane tank. Then you just turn it on at the thermostat and set the temp. You should hear the fan come on and then the pilot light. Sometimes it doesn't light right away and you turn it off and retry a few minutes later. I always light the stove first and let the gas get flowing in the lines before you try when it's been a long time since use.

Linda S

Here is what the manual shows. All looks like the drawing, except there is no knob on the brass gas fitting. Ah well, I'll keep trying. Thanks!

post-7310-0-88210300-1397655518_thumb.jp

Here is what the manual shows. All looks like the drawing, except there is no knob on the brass gas fitting. Ah well, I'll keep trying. Thanks!

So I've got that same furnace and I have my manual. Next to where it says turn the gas valve off in parentheses it says( if furnace is so equipped ). I went out and looked at mine and I don't have a valve there either. If your furnace won't light this is not your problem.

Linda S