Marker Light Sizing Question

My 1985 Toyota Mirage is missing a marker light lens on the upper back driver-side of the body. The fixture measures 2.5" with a ruler flush against it.

My question: If I order a 2.5" amber clearance marker light, will it fit? Of course common sense would dictate that it would fit, but I wasn't sure if ordering a 2.5" light with rubber seal around it would still fit or be too large.

Here's an example of a light I was looking to purchase:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-AMBER-13-LED-Light-Trailer-2-1-2-round-w-plug-Grommet-Clearance-marker-2-5-/291112178282?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43c7a3526a&vxp=mtr

Thanks for any help! I'm new to all of this but so stoked to take our Mirage out for our first trip in the Blue Ridge Mountains next weekend!

I would drive the MH to the parts store or remove one of the other lens there were not too many makers of lighting and you should be able to match it up if it still made other wise you'll need to replace the whole lamp and then of course it won't match the rest catch 22. If it comes down to that I would replace them all with LED's and you will never have to tinker with them again.

i just bought a whole new red marker for right rear bottom at walmart for three dollers. i felt it matched close enough and most importent it now works. uses the same flat push in bulb.

More than likely you have Bargman 99 lights for clearance markers (they are the most common)

http://www.bargman.com/content/products.aspx?lvl=3&parentid=8400&catID=8460&part=30-99-001

Replacement lens can be found EVERYWHERE (any RV store and online)

If you want to replace, I would strongly recommend the M2 LED markers from superbright. They are 12 diode, bright, and the holes are an exact fit with the Bargman.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/rectangular-marker-lamps/m2-series-led-marker-lamp/572/

The only bad thing about them is they do not come with a ground wire as they ground to a big rig cab or trailer which is metal. Our RVs have the coach body isolated so you must solder on a short ground wire but the lights have a pre-tinned (as in it has a blob of solder) on the back for attaching a ground wire.

I packed mine with putty tape, screwed them down and let it ooze out and cut it off with a razor blade. No leaks, no problems and no worries about burn outs.

AND...

They are spanking bright so will make it easier for others to see you in bad weather.

MK-led4_zpsdb20ff76.jpg

• 3 months later...

More than likely you have Bargman 99 lights for clearance markers (they are the most common)

http://www.bargman.com/content/products.aspx?lvl=3&parentid=8400&catID=8460∂=30-99-001

Replacement lens can be found EVERYWHERE (any RV store and online)

If you want to replace, I would strongly recommend the M2 LED markers from superbright. They are 12 diode, bright, and the holes are an exact fit with the Bargman.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/rectangular-marker-lamps/m2-series-led-marker-lamp/572/

The only bad thing about them is they do not come with a ground wire as they ground to a big rig cab or trailer which is metal. Our RVs have the coach body isolated so you must solder on a short ground wire but the lights have a pre-tinned (as in it has a blob of solder) on the back for attaching a ground wire.

I packed mine with putty tape, screwed them down and let it ooze out and cut it off with a razor blade. No leaks, no problems and no worries about burn outs.

AND...

They are spanking bright so will make it easier for others to see you in bad weather.

MK-led4_zpsdb20ff76.jpg

i just purchased these lights for my sunrader but they dont have any screw holes on them. It also only has 2 pins in the back. How did you go about to connect these?m2-led-marker-lamp-back.jpg

< Accepts industry standard 2-Pin Plug (sold separately) > as per Bargmans website. Or you could get crimp on lugs to match at a auto parts or electronics outlet. What holds then onto the RV ??

needsunenergy. what you bought is a replacement light . not a complete light. u need the housing with the wires and screw holes in them. that's why the light you have has no wires or holes for screws it's made to go into a separate base