Nead A Brake Job Near Klamath Falls Oregon

In the next month or six weeks I'm going to need to get my brakes done on my 18 foot, 1984 Sunrader. I have no place to do the work myself other than a very dusty driveway. I live about 30 miles north of Klamath Falls, Oregon, so would hope to get it done in the general area. Klamath Falls would be my 1st choice, Medford (80 miles away) #2, Bend (110 miles) #3. Any recommendations of shops/mechanics would be appreciated!

What is a fair price to pay for a good, complete job?

Thanks,

Steve

If you have the upgraded axle, it may take a few trips or a close encounter with a real mechinic who is not limited to what a computer tells him he needs for parts.

You might tell them to look for the brake parts from a 87 DRW (dual rear wheel), 1 ton, C&C (cab & chassis) 6 bolt, full floating rear axle.

If you still have the 5 bolt axle just tell them its a 84 pickup,

Thanks,

It's the full floating axle, I'd probably only be caught dead with the 5 lug! I have had good dealings with Les Schwab centers over the years, just wondered if there was anyone special in the area.

This rig may be my favorite vehicle I've ever owned! We go to a lot of garage sales and the early bird gets the worm, so to speak. Being able to drink coffee and not search out a restroom in the midst of sales is WONDERFUL! We also do a lot of dry camping in the national forest.

Steve

You can look at the rear breaks by removing a round rubber plug from the break drum. I had a 1984 dolphin which I sold with 138,000 miles on it. The rear breaks were original and had at least 50% brake material left.

post-1172-0-20375100-1395968936_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-50042000-1395968947_thumb.jp