Led Taillight Cluster

darrel

Completed this upgrade yesterday. Installed Bargman #47-84-005 LED. Couldn't get the turn signal to work properly hyper-flash. Tried a led compatible flasher from AutoZone but it didn't work with led or incandescent bulbs. Then tried another flasher and works perfectly. I have included pictures. The EP34 works, normal flash. But it is longer and doesn't have the Toyota mounting tab. I taped it together and zip tied it securely. Turns out the negative-positive terminasl are reversed. AutoZone cross reference is wrong.

post-1172-0-32859000-1394984291_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-60844900-1394984313_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-04469400-1394984333_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-75786400-1394984344_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-34139600-1394984475_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-93297200-1394984490_thumb.jp

Thanks for the idea, having the same problem with my new led lights.

• 3 weeks later...

I went one step further.

I use the center of the triple as the yellow turn

AND

BOTH the inside and outside as running and brake/stop lights

I welded on some trailer 4x4 box light holders with rear and side facing light cutouts onto the pop-shoot holder and put some diamond plate over the larger area.

MUCH brighter in the rear with dual running and dual brake lights AND the backup lights are about as bright as the headlights now

backup-1_zps558a9c76.jpg

backup-3_zps98e058cf.jpg

backup-2_zpsf3c8ff6e.jpg

I like both of your mods.

I'm looking into led tail lights as well. I had just assumed that I would put a resistor in line to slow the flash rate. That is what I did on my bike and it worked perfectly. Anyone do it this way?

I installed led cluster brake tail a while back. Chose not to go with the resistor because they get hot. If you look at my setup everything around the tail light is plastic. Didn't want to melt anything. Used a led compatible flasher. It works perfectly.

I agree with the proper flasher if you add a resistor your back to the current draw of a standard bulb.

Get the proper flasher unit for LED lights.

I like both of your mods.

Using dual running/brake lights is simple. Just add a jumper from the outside (original) brake/park light to the inside where the old backup light was. Then both inside and outside lights are park/brake.

I did this same mod on my old 1981 diesel toyota RV which had surface mount reflect-o-lite 1400 tripples that I had to rebuild. Worked great on those. Worked great on the newer Bargman lights

I didn't do the weld on trailer lights as I did not think of doing that at the time. Wish I had instead of using a 55 watt quarts driving light as a backup light

Page about the reflect-o-lite rebuild and mod: http://www.toymike.com/diesel/pics/Rear_Lights/