1981 Toyota Vanguard ???

• 5 months later...

Thank you all for responding to my post; however...

Did you read when this was posted? August 2007

The vehicle described in my post was there for maybe 2-weeks after I posted it!!!

It's LONG GONE (as most, rare-to-Ontario Toyota motorhomes are)!

Sorry, but you have to be a lot quicker in Southern Ontario if you want a jewel like that!

For instance... I owned my 1984 Sunrader for a matter of less-than-one-month before I decided to sell it (last spring). It sold in the first 3-days I posted it (on the same website that I bought it from).

[that's why I haven't been active on the forum]

I once read a post in here that was most fitting. 'Below 65? Need-not-apply!'

You need a lot of 'free time' to enjoy one of these creatures...

I spent more time maintaining it, fixing it, and with it, than enjoying it!

I had every good intention when I purchased it (for about $10,000 CAD), but I found that it sucked up all my (limited) free time.

It was in pretty darn-good shape when I bought it, but it still needed as much attention as baby (it seemed).

All I wanted was something to enjoy. I didn't realize (my mistake 100%) that I would be constantly on-the-move with this thing!

Well, you get my drift...

Owning a camper is almost exactly like owning another house!

I don't think it was a mistake to buy it, I just didn't bank on all the constant attention to it.

Thanks for letting us know, but hey, I had to ask!

Does ANYONE know anything about the Vangaurd? I cannot find any information on this forum, online searches, or on the Yahoo site...

I'm interested in finding one so if anyone has any info on when they were made, who the manufacturer was, engine, etc....let me know.

thanks

shane

I can offer some more (limited) information on this model.

This was parked at HWY 6 (from Hamilton) and HWY 401 in the little town (Puslinch?) that borders the 401.

It was sitting in an unofficial 'lot' across from the gas station/convenience stores.

This vehicle had a sink in it, and a table running along the length of the center, rear section. Bench seats (presumably a bed) running each side of the table. There was a small, built-in fridge in the left (?) rear corner.

Looking back on it, I should have just wrote a cheque on the spot. But... It was a Sunday evening in late summer, and I just wanted to get home.

Being the nice guy that I am, I'll stop in where I saw it and ask for more information (which I'll then post on the forum).

• 6 years later...