Third Annual Vancouver Island Toy-In

Ron 'n Sue

This is a little slideshow/video of pictures Ron and I took last June at the Third Annual Vancouver Island Toy-In at Living Forest RV Park just south of Nanaimo.

Participants came from Vancouver Island, BC mainland, Washington State and Oregon.

A wonderful time was had by all!

How about the fourth? Anyone ready?

http://story.us/story?o=BfAzYD5hM4Ns4

If anyone would like to have me show their name(s) let me know.

I'm away mid-May to mid-June and now have to dogs to deal with. Provincial campground, you guys call it "dry" at Englishman River is lovely. It's BC campgrounds at their best.

Thanks for the beautiful side show. Sure does bring back good memories.

2014 Vancouver Island Toy In ?

This is just an early "feeler" message. Do we want to have another Vancouver Island gathering this summer?

The last 3 Toy In's have been in late June which seems to be subject to a lot of rain here. How about moving it to late July when the weather is always glorious. People would have to book a bit earlier because this time period is very popular since kids are out of school and more families are camping.

Location? We have used Living Forest campground near Nanaimo. It's a beautiful location for sure and has full hookups if you want them. Some of our group have decided not to use, and pay for, the hookups and this is easy since there are sites available without the hookups as well. Living Forest does have a really nice shelter which we can reserve and which will hold us all and keep everyone dry if rain becomes an issue. There are certainly lots of great RV parks on Vancouver Island but we should consider proximity to the ferries, the park facilities, friendliness to groups, etc. It would be good to get lots of input from potential attendees before making plans.

So, the immediate questions might be: do we want to have one? If so, when and where?

It's a gorgeous sunny day here on Vancouver Island. Our Toy is snug and cozy under its tarp, but the weather made us start thinking about camping! Hope it's nice where you are.

Cheers to all, Wayne & Irene

ps. Can't get that "bold" feature to behave today.

Hi Wayne and Irene, I'd make a trip up north from Olympia WA. A campground next to water suits me. I'd probably make a long weekend out of it and do some sea kayaking nearby. I want to do more exploring on Vancouver Is, only ever been to Victoria. and it would be great to meet some Toyo locals.