What's everybody's take on this setup?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/141098055682?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Seems reasonably priced, but how hard to install? Will it fit on my rig? And will it get my poor rear end off the ground enough to justify it? I've already knocked a hole in my black water tank from dragging my behind on something, probably backing out of an incline ( I know, poor choice but I'm new to this and still learning)... Any thoughts?

Looks like the right one. Might need a couple of holes drilled in the frame but not sure. There is a video there I think is an installation vid. Check it. Yes it will lift your butt just as high as you want, within reason of course, and give you some more stability going down the road. It says only one schrader valve though. I think there are supposed to be 2 and 2 hoses. Ask them

Linda S

If I trust the EBay picture and the installation instructions:-

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CEkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.airliftcompany.com%2Fcontent%2Fmanuals%2FMN-214.pdf&ei=tVTLUtHlAYarqwH7poCoAg&usg=AFQjCNE3GNk0YYfF2tXHJawaaiZo8DewrQ&sig2=VXEVNYTTO0dDBYKriX5iPw&bvm=bv.58187178,d.aWM

the kit is supplied with one long hose in one piece with a Schrader valve at each end, leaving the installer to cut the hose into 2 pieces.

To install you MIGHT have to make a few mods to clear some of the motorhome stuff that MIGHT get in the way. So many different makes and models!!

Thanks, Derek - just the information I needed. This will probably be a springtime project once I determine whether or not I hit the road and where I want to go...:-)

• 8 months later...

Anybody installed these? Having some trouble here, seems like the axle mount is the wrong radius. The bracket they supplied is too small, maybe they just sent the wrong one. just wondering if any one else had experienced this. Thanks!

http://3tsrv.com/Products/t9_repair_kits.htm

Is what I needed to fix a busted airbag on my 93 winnie warrior. same as original equipment

as I understand airbags - they are NOT designed to increase gross weight capability - to make for a better ride at various loads.

if your leaf springs are "sprung" , I would be looking at new springs or reconditioning existing

Anybody installed these? Having some trouble here, seems like the axle mount is the wrong radius. The bracket they supplied is too small, maybe they just sent the wrong one. just wondering if any one else had experienced this. Thanks!

I recently put a new set of Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 on my 1988 Minicruiser. Part # 57113. No problem fitting the axle radius. It was just slightly off; no problem. Once tightened and installed the brackets against the axle-tube fit fine. These Toyota trucks only have two axle-tube diameters and there is a huge difference. Mid 80s and newer have the large tubes - with single-wheel semi-floater or dual-wheel full-floater. A bracket for a 79 truck would be WAY to small a radius. I installed slightly different then the directions dictate. Directions show drilling the inside of the frame on both sides to install the upper brackets. Not the way I wanted to do it. I reversed a few parts and drilled for the brackets on the outside of the frame. Made it MUCH easier to install.

By the way, these air-bag suspension kits certain CAN increase your load capacity.

post-6578-0-10196600-1410870569_thumb.jp

The load capacity of the cab and chassis is not increased just because you add air bags. You may not bottom out like without the bags but the axles and frame are only built to haul a total of 6000 pounds, this may vary by year of manufacture. I added bags and it did affect the ride and handling but it did not increase my load capacity.

I think I would agree with Bob C. I don't see how a bag increases axle strength or Bearing strength. Personally, I just went with a custom kit from 3T's. Thier kit is only $250 shipped, was custom designed for the Toyota mini motorhome, comes with all fittings hoses etc cut to spec and ready to install. The one thing of note* the perch they go in is Welded to the frame into the correct place and should be done by a 3Ts distributer. After that you just replace bags et all for 250.

So basically ones initial kit would be 250 plus whatever they charge to weld the perch in and install.

The 3Ts set is also designed to raise the arch of the Toyota spring pack not be a generic drop in for any truck; so its height adjustment is much taller and you can get very impressive clearance. I am replacing my old 3TS with new ones this weekend... maybe I will post some pics. Mine sunrader had them installed already when I bought it so I can replace for $250 and sweat. Mine were original to the build installed in 1986... not bad for airbags to last 28 years! Of course I have been pumping them with slime for the last 3...

The load capacity of the cab and chassis is not increased just because you add air bags. You may not bottom out like without the bags but the axles and frame are only built to haul a total of 6000 pounds, this may vary by year of manufacture. I added bags and it did affect the ride and handling but it did not increase my load capacity.

I disagree. Seems my definition of "load capacity" differs from your's. The rated load-capacity of the cab and chassis is calculated with a suspension in good condition. When a Toyota RV has worn out springs and sagging in back, it is no longer up to those original standards. Installing air-bag suspension can reclaim those specs and certainly increase the safe load capacity over what is was previously.

From what I have read, adding more airbag does not really increase your ability to haul more weight. said another way, yes you can pump the airbags up real hard - to max capacity (100PSI on mine) and your rear end will rise - especially if your leaf springs are sagging, which is quite normal after 20+ years, etc.

The airbags are a "fix" to a sagging leaf springs - but that fix comes with a very stiff ride....

I think that we would agree that adding air bags will RESTORE weight carrying capacity. Without air bags, my Escaper would bottom out on minor bumps without any extra weight in the RV. After installing the air bags, I can carry enough stuff to travel a couple of weeks with my wife and we have a much better ride without bottoming out.

I just dropped some new Firestone Air Ride (baked into the 3Ts T9 bracket) this weekend.

It took me all weekend to get them in. of actual install I would say 45 minutes, but then maybe 4 hours per day of lifting jack standing, etc.

when I pulled out my old ones they had slime in them still. one was still pretty decent but the other had rubbed through because of a funny angle on the mount. Bottom line on airbags of any kind is that they MUST be aligned correctly and it must be a two step process. Don't tighten them down until they are setting where they should.

if one looks cattywampus then you need to straighten it out. Also never ever loosen the fittings from the factory only tighten. 3Ts T9 brackets are universal either side etc.