Tv Recommendations

Roy in Jax

I have started shopping for a TV for the RV. Needs to be 12v. Can anyone make a recommendation from past experience? Thinking along the lines of a 15"-19" TV.

Can't help .. But also looking to upgrade from the tiny tv that came with our dolphin ..

We have a sony 12 volt DVD player

I can't/won't recommend and one make or model but it's worth looking for one that might be listed as operating on 110v but uses a 'wall wart' that converts 110v(ac) to 12v(dc). That way you can wire it directly to 12v(dc)and do away with the inefficiencies of first converting to 110v(ac) with an inverter and then back to 12v(dc).

I found a viore that came with a cigarette adapter & 120 adapter. the 12v dc is a straight cord. My crank up antennae is not upgraded to digital - I bought a cheapo portable unit that works pretty well - had to get creative positioning it. I have the antennae on an "extension cord" (cable with male to male fitting) and currently have it hanging upside down from the medicine cabinet over the sink.

reception is reasonably good.

13” HD LCD Television
LC13VH54 is what I got = 2 years ago, I would get another. I have a cheapo headset which makes my spouse happy.

I found a viore that came with a cigarette adapter & 120 adapter. the 12v dc is a straight cord. My crank up antennae is not upgraded to digital - I bought a cheapo portable unit that works pretty well - had to get creative positioning it. I have the antennae on an "extension cord" (cable with male to male fitting) and currently have it hanging upside down from the medicine cabinet over the sink.

reception is reasonably good.

13” HD LCD Television
LC13VH54 is what I got = 2 years ago, I would get another. I have a cheapo headset which makes my spouse happy.

Cheap fix for your antenna if it's a Winegard. http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=gs-wing&d=winegard-gs-wing-wingman-sensar-tv-antenna-upgrade-(gs-wing)&utm_campaign=base&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_base

A lot of TVs will operate on 12Vdc, but the manufacture does advertise it. In your search, look for TVs that have an external power transformer (or small power supply box) that plugs into the wall, then a cord coming out of the power suppl;y plugs into the TV.

Look carefully at photos and specifications of the TV or the power supply and see if they are between 10 - 14 volts. if they are, they "may" (should) work on straight 12 volts.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 AUto (For Sale)