New Small rv awareness

Debbit

Just for the fun of it, I've been looking at what is out there for someone who wants a small rv. In short, not much! I feel kind of lucky to have come across our little dolphin!

4 toyhomes listed on the St. Louis Craigslist they range from 87 to 92 I can not testify as to there condition. I check Madison Wisconsin's craigs list there seems to be one or two listed there often all the prices seem to be in the 5 to 8 thousand dollar range.

I just keep an eye on them from time to time I have my own now, paid $2200.00 for it parked it in the drive and take off camping when ever I want and customize it when i have the chance. I use to have a 38 foot RV it felt just a compact as my little get a way.

There are a few of these out there on the road. Made I believe exclusively for Cruise America as rentals. 19ft long and smaller than it looks in these pics. Has a small v8 which is way better than the Chinooks that only have V10's

http://www.rvt.com/2010-Four%20Winds-Majestic%2019G-Everett-Washington-for-sale-ID4454527.htm

Linda S

I like that!

You do realize how many Chinooks you could buy for the asking price???

But they are very so right for our crowd, maybe when they are 15 years old the used price would let us play.

You do realize how many Chinooks you could buy for the asking price???

But they are very so right for our crowd, maybe when they are 15 years old the used price would let us play.

Well if it was a 2010 Chinook none. They stopped making them in 2006. Got to be looking at older than 2005 to find a Chinook to even equal this price so yes you could buy one.

Linda S

Well if it was a 2010 Chinook none. They stopped making them in 2006. Got to be looking at older than 2005 to find a Chinook to even equal this price so yes you could buy one.

Linda S

I was talking about a pop top Nookie

The Sunstar or the winnie Vista, same rig, do not get even near 20 mpg. They do well for a motorhome but 15 mpg is about the best they do. Taller and wider than a Toyota so more wind resistance. The lower more streamlined Rialta can get 15 to 18 with the same engine as the Sunstar. Friends I camp with often have a Vista so I know it well

Linda S

Yes they are very roomy. Nice alternative to the big v8 mini's. Same size as some of the smaller coachmen's but v6 and better mileage. In fact I think it's the only alternative except for a Toyhome. The mercedes diesels are still way too expensive to include as far as I'm concerned. Someday provided they hold up well

Linda S

We paid $3500 for our dolphin. So far, 2 new tires, new batteries, paint, laminate floors and some sweat equity in a remodel. If we'd gotten new battery and tires before our trip, we would have gone 1600 miles without incident.

It's hard to find a dependable car under $4000, much less an RV.

We understand the wisdom of 55 mph. Not really interested in a rig that costs $50,000+.