Convert '84 Dolphin to Pickup

Mjkat

Anyone ever tried to convert their motor home to a pickup?

I was in need of a pickup, and my thinking was to find a toyota motorhome with low mileage and a lot of interior damage I could get for cheap. I did just that, getting myself one with only 60,xxx miles on it.

I'm about to start stripping this down to the chassis and wondering if anyone has ever done this before. Would love to hear tips or pieces of advice.

On a somewhat related note, if you are looking for spare parts for your Dolphin, I may have them!

Several folks have done this. The problems are the rear springs are too stiff. Sealing the hole in the back of the cab is a major issue. A standard box probably won't fit as the C&C had longer wheel bases than normal pickups. A flat bed would be easier.

I love the way people on this site help each other out. It would be great if an exchange could be made to get the tank to the person that needs it.

You could, but this was $2,500 and only 60,000 miles on it. At some point I intend on building up my own custom camper on it, so it is going to be a helpful exercise to take this one apart.

Anyone at least have any pictures of what the insides look gutted? What the frame/structure is like? What it looks like stripped to the chassis? Where the connection points are and how many are there?

I'm in San Jose. Could you check and see if the fridge works? Have an elderly friend in Concord who needs one for her Dolphin. Also might be willing to take those nasty holding tanks but would have to come up and measure. Yours is a diferent floor plan than the woman who needs them but worth a look. PM me

Linda