GMC Micro-Mini, custom?

Gary_M

The family was boondocking at Walmart on Oak Harbor,Wa last night. We had a early morning plan of heading down to Penn Cove to harvest clams. We saw this GMC micro-mini pull in, Canadian plates. Is this a custom build or do the Canucks have a new model on the lot? I didn't get the chance to talk to the owner.

Sorry about the quality of the photos, ipod at night...

post-6384-0-10429800-1377985481_thumb.jp

post-6384-0-71583900-1377985501_thumb.jp

post-6384-0-85527900-1377985513_thumb.jp

Canadians have there own camper builders lot of nice stuff we don't get to see too much here.

too bad they did not raise up the back section of the roof as well. But at least they got rid of the dreaded overcab windows as part of the remodel. So it looks like someone finished a sunrader gut project and increased the value.

Have no way of knowing if they gutted it or not do we now.

Linda S

I know it looks like a Sunrader but is there a distinct detail that says it was? The rig looks brand new. The owner stepped out just as I was leaving like he wanted to talk but I was already on the move. He was a loner. I should of turned around and found out a little more. The clams were waiting and the tide was going out. That was priority I guess.

If it was a Sunrader mod it is stellar! No dually to deal with and a lot of power. The only thing lacking is the gas milage but you wouldn't be that far off from our vintage Toys. If this is a production Canuck model this would be my next RV for sure!

Seems it defeats the purpose of a "fuel efficient" RV if that is stuck on a full size GM. Value is whatever someone is willing to pay.

A couple of photo comparisons to a few Sunarders and the one posted here with the GMC.

post-6578-0-10275100-1378045737_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-46042800-1378045739_thumb.jp

@JD in your thumbnails the first group of pictures the GMC in the picture. The entrance door is on the drivers side of the RV. How did you do that.

@JD in your thumbnails the first group of pictures the GMC in the picture. The entrance door is on the drivers side of the RV. How did you do that.

I just digitally "flipped" the image.

Here's a comparison with an 18 foot Sunrader. Looks like the one with the GMC.

post-6578-0-90488300-1378049455_thumb.jp