Fresh water, or is it?

Debbit

In my 84 dolphin 300, I'm only making an educated guess where the fresh water tank is. Based on process of elimination, I think it must be within the raised area that has the captian's chairs and little table. I have to admit it bothers me to not be able to look in that tank and see what is, or isn't in there.

Is there any way to visually inspect this tank? I can't find any access at all.

If you follow the hose from the "potable" water fill connection it should lead to your fresh water tank. You should also find a pump connected to the tank or near the tank.

I've tried to follow the fill connection under the truck. It "disappears" into the structure of the chassis. The waterline going to the pump is long, and goes from the front of the coach all the way to the closet in the rear. I thin if I tear up the carpet, which I plan to do anyway, I may be able to at least see for sure where the waterline comes from.

In my westfalia, you can unscrew a lid to the water tank and see what condition the tank is (green, black specks, bugs :0)

I just wonder if in the dolphin there is any such access, or do we just trust that the tank isn't something's swimming hole?

Till you find the tank about all you can do is to sanitize it and the lines. A cup of bleach and a full tank Drive around and let it slosh around then pump it dry through the faucets and shower. Rinse a couple of tank full's and you should be OK.