LOST ALL KEYS TODAY

sdboltdude

I hate it when I don't listen to the voices in my head.. :devel: .GET KEYS MADE!! GET KEY MADE!! :headbonk:

Lost all my rv keys with no extra set :headbonk:

looked frantic for last 3 hours only walked dog and went to homedepot called and went to store to look at all the keys myself..

so I took out flat screen tv & ignition wire and battery

going to replace dead bolt just so everything is locked up...wont stop the guy with keys but a peace of mind...

now the question is how do I go about replacing ignition key and door keys (of truck)? is their a magic # some where to get keys made

can I junk yard help?

ok called locksmith he can replace keys for $30

now I have to take off passenger key/housing

sounds like a job for youtube.....

$30 is not bad ignition keysets where $69-$80

then time to look at getting the rv/door keys..

With the VIN number, and proof of ID, a Toyota dealer will be able to make new keys for you.

I know because I had a wife once who lost all five keys of our Toyota Camry.

With the VIN number, and proof of ID, a Toyota dealer will be able to make new keys for you.

I know because I had a wife once who lost all five keys of our Toyota Camry.

I will call them up thanks

I knew they could do this just thought to old

went to Toyota $8 new keys...

the key code was off so parts guy took a shot at the next lowest # worked

key back in door took under 5 min & have everything closed up and installed..

I will wait a couple of days to put battery and ignition wire back in just in case I lost keys close to home.....

also got a dead bolt lock to replace and will see about the "RV-KEY#" if not camping world it is.....

I am glad that it turned out to be a relatively inexpensive replacement. I sure hope you find the keys and don't have to worry about someone finding the keys and getting lucky at finding the RV.

My daughter bought a Chevy with remote entry and a chipped key with only one key. I kept ragging on her to get a spare of each but she procrastinated. My wife and I visited her last week and I took the keys from the counter and stuck them in my pocket. She freaked out and hesitated telling me that she did not get keys made yet. When I handed them to her she was very thankful and stopped at the Chevy dealer to get a $18 key made and programmed, without the existing key, they charge $45. She ordered a remote entry and programmed it herself with the help of youtube.

3 easy steps to get your key#

1.take off door panel passenger side only

2.take clip off of key cylinder slide right off post-6388-0-36664300-1376358600_thumb.jp

3. un clip metal rod from key cylinder

you now can get your key# look for a letter(k) then # "xxxx"

put back together

re-clip metal rod ...insert bent end of rod in plastic hole on key snap the rest of rod in place.

slid key clip and test if works

put panel back on..

thanks Bob

this was a lesson I had to learn the hard way....just thinking of the worst case makes me pucker-up...

I am glad that it turned out to be a relatively inexpensive replacement. I sure hope you find the keys and don't have to worry about someone finding the keys and getting lucky at finding the RV.

My daughter bought a Chevy with remote entry and a chipped key with only one key. I kept ragging on her to get a spare of each but she procrastinated. My wife and I visited her last week and I took the keys from the counter and stuck them in my pocket. She freaked out and hesitated telling me that she did not get keys made yet. When I handed them to her she was very thankful and stopped at the Chevy dealer to get a $18 key made and programmed, without the existing key, they charge $45. She ordered a remote entry and programmed it herself with the help of youtube.

A Homer Simpson utterance ensued?

At least you have that spare set you always wanted to get. Plus you know developed some points of contact at your Toyota service department.

I'm so glad you found your keys. Losing keys is one thing I am really good at but they always seem to show up somewhere. One time the only reason I found them was because my neighbors dog knocked over my garbage can on pickup day and the garbage truck just left it. When I was cleaning up the street well what do you know, there were my keys.

Linda S

I'm so glad you found your keys. Losing keys is one thing I am really good at but they always seem to show up somewhere. One time the only reason I found them was because my neighbors dog knocked over my garbage can on pickup day and the garbage truck just left it. When I was cleaning up the street well what do you know, there were my keys.

Linda S

thanks Linda (I did look in trash)