Cleaning Rv upholstery....Martha Stewart snubbed....

grandview bill

On purchase of our used mh ,one of the items on a long to-do list ,was to clean the upholstery and carpet.They were not really stained or filthy,but one had the sense of other peoples use.So my wife and I each took our own research to find the best method.Needless to say we came up with different ideas.There were some heated discussions,especially over my plan to use ammonia and water.I did research on the net.Everyone seemed to like this method,everyone but Martha Steward,I guess its too generic and she cant put her label on it.So I the biggest sucking vacuum i could find and a 3 gal garden sprayer .total cost about 85 bucks.I did 3 passes ,on the first two the rinse water came out almost black.Im really pleased with the results,next time i clean the cost will be about 2 bucks, the cost of cheapo ammonia,sorry Martha...........

Ammonia stinks. I wash upholstery with Oxyclean. No smell ,no residue which means they don't get dirty again fast from sticky stuff. I do dilute it a lot. One cap in about a gallon of warm water but everything comes out sparkling clean and fresh smelling. Off brand at dollar store. Cost 1 dollar and tons left over for the laundry. I use my shop vac for sucking out the water. Everybodys got a shop vac right

Linda S

how do you apply spay it on? do you scrub stains?or just soak and vac?

Ammonia stinks. I wash upholstery with Oxyclean. No smell ,no residue which means they don't get dirty again fast from sticky stuff. I do dilute it a lot. One cap in about a gallon of warm water but everything comes out sparkling clean and fresh smelling. Off brand at dollar store. Cost 1 dollar and tons left over for the laundry. I use my shop vac for sucking out the water. Everybodys got a shop vac right

Linda