ToyHome with a slide out??

TheWhovian

Hello all, New here, hoping to find my dream toy home sometime in the future.

http://www.campingworld.com/rvsales/Class-C/1985/Toyota-MICRO-MINI/290326/

I've been looking around casually for a toy home, slowly saving up until I can buy one of these awesome machines :P

I have done my fair share of research and while poking around the internet I happened upon this one. (Link is above ^^^) Its has a slide out...and that's a new one for me. Thoughts?

That's a Four Seasons motorhome. Well made motorhomes, Slide out was only made for a couple of years and is very rare. Some have manual but some have electric slide-out. Ad doesn't mention whether the axle has been upgraded though. Most important thing to check on

Linda S

WOW... I have only seen these in ads never a real picture. I want it. seems to have hub caps on the rear wheels... death axle.

Thats why its so cheap. will take at least a couple grand to drop all the 1 ton stuff in; and with the added weight of a slide out I wouldn't risk driving it very far without 1 ton front and rear

The slide out in a small RV isn't really isn't my cup of tea, but its a cool RV non the less.

I agree with the 1/2 ton axle does look mighty clean though. Dealers have been fooled by the popularity Toy homes and have sold them for a lot less then they were worth a local dealer had one on his lot lasted two days and later he said "if I had known they were that popular I would have asked a lot more"

I just called them and it is sold but still on the lot. I asked if the axle had been upgraded and he didn't think so.I told them that they were taking a big chance now cause they had been informed about the recall and if they didn't tell the new owner they could be sued for tons if anyone gets hurt. Sure hope the new owner finds one of our groups and get the scoop on the dangers

Linda S

no chance as long as he discloses the axle; however even then in an "as is" sale the onus is on the owner to check recalls on a VIN. as this was an unperformed recall I doubt the guy has much liability at all and it should not change the sale. The buyer on the other hand is the one that should be cautious. personally I think the sales amount was spot on its rare but needs at least $4000 in work; that thing will be holed up in a garage somewhere for a while before being roadworthy; but will "slide out" being very nice and valuable pun intended

Licensed dealers in most states are not even allowed to sell vehicles with open recalls not matter how long ago that recall was. Since I informed him he now has an obligation to disclose that to the buyer and the buyer can back out of the sale. Don't know if it will help the un-informed buyer but it can't hurt to try.

Linda S

We have pretty much agreed on the toyota camper site that the good 5 lug axle is a myth. That information was provided by a member of that group at that time and we have never found an example of that mystery axle in all these years since.

Linda S