Screens

Cowboy

I don't have a Sunrader. On my Escaper (Damon) there is a thin strip of plastic under the screen in the track of the aluminum frame. The plastic strip slides out from under the screen and then the screen drops down and you can move top of the screen out of the frame and lift it out. I lubricated the plastic strip with a little water to get it to move. Be very careful because I don't know if you can buy the plastic strip any more.

I went out to my Sunrader this morning to see if I could figure it out but no luck. Can't see for the life of me how they come out. When you figure it out I would love to know cause I could use some new screens too. I have a bad feeling that the only way they come out is when the window is out of the camper so the frame can flex some.

Linda S

Linda,

Is the screen frame plastic or aluminum?

Usually they have elliptical spring clips on the top of the frame. After centering the screen in the opening try lifting up the bottom of the screen. It should push high enough into the upper Chanel to swing out the bottom and remove it. Installation is the reverse. I find it hard to believe the mfg. made no provisions other than complete window removal.

Linda,

Depending on the age of the screens the pressure springs may be frozen.

The other thing to check for would be slots in the top Chanel. Maybe they have to be aligned just right to allow the screen to release.

I'm sure there's a way to do it.

Worst case, you could experiment on one of your lesser used vehicles.

Thanks to Bob. We got er done. There were 4 plastic guides,2 on top and 2 on the bottom. The guides slide out to the end and the screen lifts out. I had 1 that was stuck.I used silicone to loosen it up. After I got the frame out I had to file a small burr that kept it from sliding. Now we are rescreened and good to go. cowboy

Thanks to Bob. We got er done. There were 4 plastic guides,2 on top and 2 on the bottom. The guides slide out to the end and the screen lifts out. I had 1 that was stuck.I used silicone to loosen it up. After I got the frame out I had to file a small burr that kept it from sliding. Now we are rescreened and good to go. cowboy

Very cool. I saw those little things but mine would not move.I will spray some teflon stuff on them and let then sit for a while. I already have some sceen stuff here.

Linda S