Painting ceiling and cabover Mini Cruiser

That is looking great. I am considering paint mine to make it a bit brighter and let dated.

Certainly looks better than that old fashion wall paper look. Nice job

Linda S

thanks for steering me in the right direction Linda

so much easier then the wall paper..

Makes a BIG difference, brightens things up a lot.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

thanks John on your links on painting and the 1-2-3- primer product...

attachicon.gifWP_20130621_006.jpgjust started priming inside of rv

used 1-2-3-primer

its going to take at least 4 coats in cabover to have a good prime white color...

Primer is meant to be a surface sealer to prepare the area for sealing in stains and preventing bleed thru of wood that has the potential for staining. Primer also has more adhesives in it so it sticks better to various types of surfaces and at the same time creates a better adhesion surface for paint. You only need one or at most two coats of primer. The paint you apply over it is much thicker and that is what is meant to do the build up on the surface.

Some of the newer formulas have primer built into them but I would still have put at least one coat of the type of primer you applied on first.

thanks Karin that saves me a lot of time & primer

I put 2 coats in couch 3 coats in cabover I will call that good enough.....

Ty Steve

Primer is meant to be a surface sealer to prepare the area for sealing in stains and preventing bleed thru of wood that has the potential for staining. Primer also has more adhesives in it so it sticks better to various types of surfaces and at the same time creates a better adhesion surface for paint. You only need one or at most two coats of primer. The paint you apply over it is much thicker and that is what is meant to do the build up on the surface.

Some of the newer formulas have primer built into them but I would still have put at least one coat of the type of primer you applied on first.