Finished floor trim, built a new table, and a few other things.

I've been super busy working on the Toyota trying to get it ready for travel. Lately I have gotten a good amount of things done.

After getting the floor finished up the next creation was a table of some sort. I wanted something that could hold a tv up all the time and have a table with work space that lowers when not in use. I looked at tables online for motorhomes but all were either super cheap or super expensive. I decided to build my own. It took a good amount of work, measuring, cutting, and sometimes fixing mistakes :)

Unfortunately it was so time consuming that I did not get to take too many pictures as I was in work mode. I'll post what I have.

Basic framing started..

AKhkddi.jpg

Trying to consider what to use for the table was a hard decision. I found these at Lowes and they were about the perfect size, already covered, and cheap.

0i5hoPc.jpg

That was about all the pics I got during the build. The finished product turned out pretty sweet. Here it is in down mode with my huge TV in place.

KUXNsFf.jpg

And with table in the up position.

7D0bGcO.jpg

Holding the table up is actually a screen door lock! It actually worked pretty perfect. Ignore the light wood, it still needs staining. I painted the wall as well.

LKEVboj.jpg

When the table is not in up mode the "leg" goes into this clip in the wall.

VxiudmV.jpg

Here is a panoramic photo to show how comfy it is in this thing now.

7Y0a6gb.jpg

Also installed something the truck was missing, a much needed inverter. I was able to put it in the same space as the plug in for the generator so that I could just plug my shore power line into the inverter and have power for tv or fridge while driving.

hyaqvXb.jpg

Wired it into the battery box.

oKOu7Ca.jpg

Also got new taillights installed since old were corroded and unreliable.

J8rXcuF.jpg

Also got the side marker lights working too. The driver side never worked and I opened it to find the ground had never been hooked up?

rqD6zih.jpg

My sweet new porch light.

z7IqRYe.jpg

• 9 months later...

Where can I get an original rear dinette table for my 85 Dolphin 500 series? Can someone take a pic of this one so at least I know what it's supposed to look like?

Thanks

Tom

Tom,

Here is a photo of the table in my '85 Dolphin. It is made from 3/4" plywood covered with formica. The corners are rounded over to avoid sharp edges that poke you when you're getting ready to sit down. The edges are covered with a plastic, glue-on edge molding that you can find at Home Depot or Lowe's.

Your floor should have the old metal sockets that the table legs sat in or at least the old holes that the sockets sat in. Use that spacing to locate the metal leg brackets that will go on the underside of the table. The table is just big enough to fit between the two facing benches on either side of the coach so that, when lowered, the table becomes the surface of the bed. You'll need two L-shaped aluminum brackets that get attached to the sides of the bench bases so that the table has someplace to sit when lowered.

Good luck...

John

post-2678-0-69871200-1395071913_thumb.jp