Generator for AC and battery charging

I'm thinking about a small, cheap generator for my '85 Dolphin (which has the 30 AMP electrical cable) for occasional use that will be able to run the AC and provide power to the batteries as well as my gadgets (PC, phone, tablet etc.). Will this one do the job or is it under-powered?

63cc, 900 Watts Max/800 Watts Rated Portable Generator:

Powered by a gas engine, this EPA certified generator provides an individual power source for power tools, camping needs or emergencies! The gas generator is contained within a durable steel roll cage to handle any accidental tumbling or rolling and runs up to 5 hours at 50 percent capacity making this a dependable generator to have on hand for getting portable power fast!
  • 63cc air-cooled two cycle gas engine
  • 5 hours run-time @ 50% capacity
  • Circuit breaker protection
Specifications
Name 63cc, 900 Watts Max/800 Watts Rated Portable Generator SKU 60338 Brand Storm Cat Capacity 1.1 gal. Outlet receptacles (y/n) Yes Rated wattage continous (watts) 800 Rated wattage peak (watts) 900 Run time @ 50% load (hours/tank) 5 Start type Recoil Product Height 15 in. Product Length 14-1/4 in. Product Weight 38.2 lb. Product Width 11-1/2 in.

http://www.harborfreight.com/engines-generators/gas-engine-generators/63cc-900-watts-max800-watts-rated-portable-generator-60338.html

image_21445.jpg

Fine for everything else but won't run AC. I can't see from the other thread with pics what kind of AC you have but check the BTU's and amps needed to run. Most require at least 2500 watts to run. Some smaller ones will run with a Honda eu2000 but they are not cheap. No AC will run with one that small. Find out BTU's and get back to us

Linda S

you get what you pay for. I have a honda 2000 (about a grand) & it will pull the 13.5 ac on mine for 30 minutes (rated power drops to 1600 after 30 minutes but even at 2000 it is overrate to start the ac), A onan 2.8 will run it all but uses twice the gas & cost about 3 grand.

I recommend the honda. I was able to convert the gen compartment on my winnie warrior to store it there after trashing the kohler

I think I'm gonna go self contained this summer with no AC (cab air doesn't work) and maybe upgrade for 2014. Thanks for the replies, I'll keep your suggestions in mind if and/ or when I'm ready to spend some $$$$...

I but 4500 watt Honda generator at a pawn shop for 400 bucks have been running it first seven or eight years on a job site had it mounted underneath of my box truck for a couple years run my house off of it when the power goes out including a window air conditioner TVs lights well pump no hot water tank or stove and now I'm going to mount that same one on my granville