Toyota Chinook weep-holes for side windows

zero

I just put my side windows back in my Chinook after replacing the wood paneling. I noticed that all the little plug-in plastic weep-hole inserts are gone. Anybody know a good replacement? I have not done an extensive search but what I did find is too big.

My windows need three per side and the weep-holes that the inserts plug into are around 3/4" wide by 1/4" deep (rectangle shaped).

I need to find latches also (sliders). Held by two bolts spaced 1 7/8"

I heard that bending up a small, thin piece of aluminum and sticking it in place with some epoxy does the job quick and easy. I think there was something mentioned about this in the sawzall thread...

Try all-rite.com they seem to have every trim piece you could ever need maybe they have the little plastic drains.

That all-rite site is pretty interesting. They do sell weep holes. No idea if all weep holes are a standard size, and they don't elaborate on what they're selling.

I also noticed they sell wall paneling. It looks like it's all some manufactured material? So even the "wood" is just a design, and not actual wood?

Thanks for the replies. I've got to do some looking around. I could make something but not quite sure what just yet. I don't know how these things worked. I know their purpose is to let water out but not let air or bugs in from the outside. On some bulldozers I've worked on - that also need little bottom drains that let water out but nothing in - there are little rubber check-valves. I'm probably over-thinking the whole thing. But - we camp a lot in the NY Adirondacks and there are billions of little bugs there that can come in from a pin-hole sized opening. No-see-ums, mosquitos black flies, etc.

I think these are the right weep hole covers. Remember they are not supposed to close the holes, just stop dust from getting in. Look around on this site and you might find the latches too

http://www.pellandent.com/Motorhome_Product_Details.aspx?ProductID=6388&Return=71

Linda S

Hey Linda . . those look pefect. Same size as mine. I think I'll simplify my life a bit and just order them. Thanks.

I got the new weep-hole covers from Pelland Enterprises Inc. in California. They ended up not being the size as advertised. That being said, I made them fit and they worked out great.

This is for what I think are Hehr sliding windows on the sides of a 1978 Toyota Chinook. The plastic weep-hole covers from Pelland are # H109-916 and are $1.36 each.

I drilled a new 1/8" hole next to the original rectangular hole and then the new covers plugged right in and look good.

post-6578-0-31663200-1363286759_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-04297600-1363286761_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-36379800-1363286762_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-66595600-1363286763_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-93847500-1363286765_thumb.jp

They sound like the same weep holes I have on my 1980 Sunrader from your description of them. When I removed one of them last fall I realized they must have been made from styrene plastic which accounts for the fragility of them.

On my 78 Chinook, just about anything made of plastic falls apart when I touch it. But, considering the age - it beats much of the Chinese plastic and rubber I've seen fall apart in two years.