Cab vinyl floor replacement

Roy in Jax

I removed the carpet off the floor of the cab. I am looking to purchase a premolded vinyl/rubber matt to replace carpet. Can anyone tell me who might have the best deal,

I don't know if they still do this, but a bazillion years ago, I bought premolded carpet from JC Whitney.

NOTE - I just googled "pre-molded carpet 1988 toyota pickup" came back with a LOT of possibilities.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I have a molded plastic floor and I am going to add carpet. I think that it will make a big difference in road/engine noise in the cab and heat from the road/engine. I added insulation under the hood and I think that it maded a difference. When I get the MH out of storage, I will be looking for the new carpet.

I use the custom floor mats, they keep the dirt and mud off the carpet just great! They fit like a glove too!

Here is a picture sort-of showing them in my 89...

100_2207.jpg

Andrew

I can confirm the existence of custom molded truck one piece cab replacement carpet for Toyota trucks fit the campers. I bought one for 88 bucks when I got my sunrader in 2010. It took me all of about a half hour to install. Like Karin says though, I too would have preferred some non carpet solution. The carpet tends to get dirty a lot.

In retrospect I think getting the Cab spray on bed liner'd could be a solution. They make it in various colors.

I removed the carpet off the floor of the cab. I am looking to purchase a premolded vinyl/rubber matt to replace carpet. Can anyone tell me who might have the best deal,

I see the premolded complete carpets for 1979 and newer Toyota trucks for sale at many places. Not the premolded vinyl and padding though. I needed it for my 78 and just robbed it out of a 1987 junked truck.Not a perfect fit but close. If you can't find elsewhwere - maybe consider getting the entire factory matting from a salvage yard? The factory insulation under the vinyl is also nice to have.

• 2 weeks later...

I read alot of the evaluations of some of the cheaper molded carpets. most of the buyers said that they did not fit very good or that they were of poor quality. I want to find one localy that I can look at before dropping my money in the slot machine.