Victoria, BC for Christmas

darrel

A Christmas get away for us. Going to beautiful Victoria, BC for a few days. Leaving on the 15th to my wifes sister home in Eugene,Or for one nite. Spend one nite in the Cabelas parking lot Lacy,Wa then to Paulsbo, Wa. A nite cruise on the ""Christmas Ship" around the harbor. The 18th, Black Ball ferry wil take us across the straight of juan de fuca from Port angeles to Victoria. One nite at the Royal court Suite hotel a nite tour of Butchart Gardens then 3 nites at Westbay rv park. Many interesting things to do in Victoria. Then back to Port Angeles and then to my brothers home for Christmas, Back home around the 29th. No, this will not be like the hill road trip. Darrel and Gwen

Thats more than likely, we do have points available to spend.

yeah, the wife has shoe stores and Macys..I have Cabelas. I am usually dragged out kicking and screaming by my ear after my kids rat me out to the aisle that I am in to wifers. The worst is when you are in one thats not your home state; cant buy guns.

You can take a shotgun, with the proper paperwork, but definitely not a pistol.

Yep, lived in Chatham Ont for two years, would never take guns there. Especially with how over zealous their border guards are and all of the taxes and duties they load on their visitors

Especially with how over zealous their border guards are ...

Unfortunately, it's a 2 way street. Maybe with different 'things' that set them off, but still more difficult to cross the border in either direction than it used to be. But let's not sidetrack this Thread too much. Wouldn't want to have to relocated the whole thing to the 'Vent' section! :)

My poor MH is stuck in storage until March, you guys are making me cry. I do say hello to the poor thing every time I drive past the shed. It misses me.

You lucky people on the left coast I have been all over the world but never to my own west coast flown over several times. I have been invited to Standoff AB so I think I'm heading out there this spring for my first time out west.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever try the train rides by BC? my cousin used to live in Vancouver and a girl a briefly dated owns a hotel in BC. I've always been curious on a train ride i heard about that runs through the coastal mountains there. I would definately pick up some good cocktail booze and hit the train for a day or two while there to take the road stare out of my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL. An update on Christmas in Victoria. Had High Tea at the Empress, man was if relaxing, about 1 1/2 hours of sipping tea and eating. Stayed the first night at Royal Suite Hotel, and a Butchart Garden tour, the next 3 nights at West Bay RV park. A 2 week road trip, 1342 miles and a 17.2 MPG. That works out to 95 miles a day. And no mishaps. Fireworks and Champagne tonight. Darrel Next going to Quartzite, Az will rondevu with my brothers down there.