Winterizing..finding low points - '85 Dolphin

bboulan

I just bought an 85 Dolphin and drove it home to Boise ID from Sacramento!

Unfortunately for me I have to winterize it immediately. I drained everything and ran rv antifreeze through all faucets toilet and dumped down drains.

I can't for the life of me find the "low point" that someone had pointed would be under tte stove. There's just a holding tank there.

Any ideas on where this might be located?

Also I see some have the Dolphin 300 model or 500, etc...how do I know which one I have?

I just bought an 85 Dolphin and drive it home to Boise ID from Sacramento!

... I see some have the Dolphin 300 model or 500, etc...how do I know which one I have?

Describe what you've got. The most common is the 900. Couch behind the driver, dinette opposite, bath and wardrobe across the back.

welcome DEREK is correct 500 rear dinette look around the water heater and inside cabnets national rv was good about having drains did you drain your water heater heater plug or drain cock on the outside in the front of it.

I did drain the water heater from the outside drain..I opened all the cabinets and nothing. In the closet is the water heater and I didn't see anything in there that looked like a could open to drain..

Bboulan,

I have the same '85 Dolphin that you have. Go outside and open the little door where the shore power cord is stored. Pull the cord all the way out and, using a flashlight, look inside. You should see two little "T" handles on the floor of the compartment. These are the low-point drain valves for the plumbing system. Gently pull up on both of the handles and you should see the remaining water in the system run out on the ground. You might have to run some more antifreeze through the system to make sure that you get anti-freeze coming out of the two drain valves.

Also, don't forget to remove the cap on the outside city water inlet and, with the pump running, stand to one side and push the eraser end of a pencil (something soft so that you don't puncture the check valve gasket!) into the inlet to depress the check valve so that you get anti-freeze to spray out of there, too. Good luck!

John

Bboulan,

I have the same '85 Dolphin that you have. Go outside and open the little door where the shore power cord is stored. Pull the cord all the way out and, using a flashlight, look inside. You should see two little "T" handles on the floor of the compartment. These are the low-point drain valves for the plumbing system. Gently pull up on both of the handles and you should see the remaining water in the system run out on the ground. You might have to run some more antifreeze through the system to make sure that you get anti-freeze coming out of the two drain valves.

Also, don't forget to remove the cap on the outside city water inlet and, with the pump running, stand to one side and push the eraser end of a pencil (something soft so that you don't puncture the check valve gasket!) into the inlet to depress the check valve so that you get anti-freeze to spray out of there, too. Good luck!

John

Located and pulled the valves. The liquid that came out was pink, but looked diluted with water. Should I just add more rv antifreeze and turn the water pump and run it through the faucets to mix in more coolant, or just drain and re-do it all?