Florida Keys RV Camp suggestions

gr8white

I am planning on heading to the keys next week and want to know if anyone has any advice on RV sites. I was thinking of just pulling into the moose lodge where I am a member and they have primative spots. Nothing my new Honda EU200I cant handle lol. I love that thing. One of the best and educated buys I ever made.

No what does that mean? It is only a 750btu. I know it is small. But I will figure that out in the spring. Please explain mod the capacitor or give me a link on what you mean if possible....

most rooftop units are the 13500 BTU models that draw 1900 watts and can have a surge load of up to 7 times that on start up. They notoriously have crummy starting capacitors (cheap) and can have a larger one put in that takes the surge load and allows the usage of smaller gensets.

There was a thread in here debating whether or not an EU2000i could run a 13500 coleman the other week. Personally I think it will if the air conditioner is modified with the capacitor.

if it will run a 13500 it should run a 11,000 just fine also I would guess (unless its an old format that takes more surge load to get going).

750 BTU... isn't that cabinet cooler? I think we use 750's in our test stands at work to chill computers in durability cells.

I stayed at Boyds Key west campground for a week last summer. nice place but not the cheapest. We really liked it though. There was another place called leos a little closer to town but way too ghetto for me. I have also stayed at the KOA its about 15 miles outside of town. Also very pricey. Boyds was clean and had a nice pool and camp store. good luck!