Amazon Work Campers

Anyone going to Campbellsville KY for the seasonal gig with Amazon? I checked into it earlier this year, and they hired me on, starting next month. Got my RV site reserved and I'm heading out in a couple of days.

If anyone is working or has worked this gig, let me know. I'm curious about what exactly goes on. The hard work isn't the issue, but I am curious about the work conditions, how they treat their temp help, etc. Any info would be great.

Edit: punctuation (geez) :P

Edited by straygoose

That's the one.

Kinda like Santa's workshop staffed by RVers posing as elves. Not actually making anything (no one does that here anymore), but picking, packing, and shipping all kinds of goodies to people with credit card dementia.

The gig goes on until just about Xmas eve and you can work 50-60 hrs. a week at around 10/per + OT. Not great but when you factor in that they pay for your RV campsite too, not bad. I'm figuring I can make a couple extra grand and install a genset on this 87 Gran Ville I just bought the other day.

Edited by straygoose

I had never heard of it before but looked it up. Sounds like a great gig. Saw some comments about the work, bosses are tough and work is strenuous. Nearest to me is the facility in Fernley Nv . Unlike Kentucky they don't offer free camping but you can get a discount at local Rv parks. Also found a site called Workcampers that you can register with and get leads to jobs all over the country. My camper is way to small to spend extended time in but this kind of work might be something to consider when I retire.

Linda S

Yep that's it. It's not bad according to a few forums I've been on. I found out about it from the Workamper site a couple years ago and decided to try it this year. I normally just work in the summers and then lay around down south all winter, so I figured a couple more months work wouldn't kill me. I got the contact info for KY and emailed them and told them I would be available in early Nov.

I got a phone call a few days later and was basically hired over the phone. I thought that was kind of weird, seeing as I'm used to a much more rigorous screening process in my regular job. However, they do background and drug screens though so I figure they probably weed out the meth-addled axe-murderers before they get in the door.

I kind of like the fact that they take care of a site for you the whole time you're there. Over a couple of months that probably adds up to a couple thousand in electricity, water, sewage and site. I normally boondock, but I'm not above doing a little campground time, especially if I don't have to pay for it.

And the physical part is no big deal either, at least for me. My regular job keeps me in shape and this can't be anywhere near as strenuous as what I normally do. Ten bucks an hour isn't too appealing, until you remember the added value of free site rent.

Now if I can only get them to pay for groceries and beer!

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm a workamper for Amazon. Not in Kentucky though. It is very easy work. You will stand on your feet 10 hours a day and walk and walk and walk. You will be in very good shape by the time you leave. There are several positions in their warehouse. You have recievers, stowers, pickers, packers, inventory control and of course staff management. Amazon takes care of their Camperforce. As long as you show up and do the work your in. It is awesome the comradary that you find among the full time rv ers who work for Amazon. I too am in my little guy. a Toyota New Horizon.