Instamatic 3 way refrigerator

RHS

I have 2 refrigerators that do not work, In the past I just tried to find replacements but they are getting hard to find & exspensive. Thought I would take time & check a little closer. These are both Instamatic 3 way units out of '82 & '83 sunraders model # IM433C. What I had been doing was plugging into 115 v & gas to check. Neither worked on 115 v I checked the voltage coming out of the 12v -115v selector switch had 75 volts. By passed the selector switch works great. I looked on line found that these switchs are no longer available. I am thinking of using a 4 pole toggle switch. Any one have a better idea.

thanks

Rich

What ever works it's not good to mix voltages for safety reasons but it sure beats a new unit. I would use a DPDT with a center off one direction 120 v the other 12. If you really want to be safe a set of relays with 12 volt coils.

MY 1978 minimax had an instamatic only worked on gas but had amonia leak it was the very smallest unit no parts are around. the smallest norcold is 650 dollors on line three way.

What ever works it's not good to mix voltages for safety reasons but it sure beats a new unit. I would use a DPDT with a center off one direction 120 v the other 12. If you really want to be safe a set of relays with 12 volt coils.

Thought about using relays just trying to keep power usage to minimum.

thanks

Before you go to all this trouble, have you tried jumpering to get 120 volts to the heater to see if the frig works.? This frig may be very finicky as far as being level.

John Mc

88 DOlphin 4 Auto

Before you go to all this trouble, have you tried jumpering to get 120 volts to the heater to see if the frig works.? This frig may be very finicky as far as being level.

John Mc

88 DOlphin 4 Auto

I did jump around & it does work that is why I just ordered 4 pole switch

Excellent. I think your on the right track. Probably put two small lights to show that its on 120Vac or 12 volts. The heaters should draw about 1 amp on 120Vac and maybe 10 amps on 12Vdc

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto