Hello to all new to forum

Questions

rear disc breaks (full float dually)

large six lug adaptors

larger wheels for large six lug

front end conversion to large six lug

rear axel swap to match standard six lug (6 x 139.7) and maintain dual wheels

my truck is an 1986 4x4 extra cab flatbed with an 6 lug full float dually rear out of a dolphine with the dolphine springs

and ive done a perch flip to maintain level ride 4.10 gears front and rear

so i have read mulitple treads on convertion the old 2wd five lug to a six lug front end

i am assuming this is the 6 x139.7 not the 6 x184.15

I have a ifs 4x4 frontend with six lug (6x139.7) all ready im looking to be able to use the large pattern (6x 184.5 is this correct ive found multipl listings) dually wheel in the front for obvious reasons

ive called many adapter places with no luck so any input would be great

i would rather not use the adapter plates if at all possilble

i have a 2econd full float 6 lug dually axel for parts can i use some of these parts for the front end? if so Im just not seeing it , how to mount rotors etc

the second thing is ive been looking for bigger wheels for the rear ive seen stockton wheels but a little steep for some blanc steel wheels any one found a diffrent route (I did read about sprinter wheels but was unclear on what exactly this entails)

this is my material hauling truck for those particully messy muddy jobsites shes had 3000 pounds of basalt on her to date takes it like a champ just not a race horse but after 4bt swap that should be better

the truck is built and on the road i just want to match tires without using the punny 14s i would like to get some mud and snows it very limited in a 14in tire especally at the load rating i need

and be able to use all of the same rims

any input would be great

I under stand that this is a weird rare truck and its not a motorhome but it has motorhome parts and these mhome forums are the only place that it gets into depth with the rear axels and such.

ALSO i assure you it does exist ( ive been heckeled about the truth of this truck on other forums) I built it i am a fabricator by trade lookup accumar.com and check out what i build pretty cool

Thanks in advance for your helppost-6500-0-11674500-1350502020_thumb.jp

Edited by 1tondually 4x4

I do believe that all the Toyota rigs with the reversed dually in the front have an adapter on the wheels. otherwise the insode out dually wouldn't track right. The 5 to 6 lug is availabe here

http://www.customcommercialwheel.com/

You would have to ask them if they can do the 6 lug to 6 lug adapter. Don't see why not. Just drill the holes differently.

They can make you 15 inch wheels too but it is very expensive.

If you have a heavy duty truck parts place near you you could check inot some old Isuzu commercial truck wheels. Not sure but they look like the same lug pattern as the Toyota full floaters. Have no idea if they will fit but worth a look

Linda S

Forget the Isuzu wheels.I finally found the bolt pattern. Too big. 6x8.75. way big

there is a company Called Marsh racing online that still makes wheels for the old military units that are 6x7.25

You could go with single wheels in back with the right bolt pattern and regular toyota 16 inch wheels in front.

215/85/16 or 225/85/16 tires and you would have an e or better load rating.

I found this on on craigslist one day...

87-1ton-4X4-Custom.jpg

I emailed the owner, but all he would tell me is that it was sold... He did not answer any of my questions of how he did it.

It was listed as a 1987 4X4 dually and looks to have the IFS so I'm guessing the parts can be swapped over some how.

I have found this also on craigslist, but it does not say anything about 2wd or 4x4...

http://portland.crai...3350908747.html

Let us know what you find out, I'd love to have a spare rear axle to play with :) I'd really be interested in rear disks

Andrew.

I found this on on craigslist one day...

87-1ton-4X4-Custom.jpg

I emailed the owner, but all he would tell me is that it was sold... He did not answer any of my questions of how he did it.

It was listed as a 1987 4X4 dually and looks to have the IFS so I'm guessing the parts can be swapped over some how.

I have found this also on craigslist, but it does not say anything about 2wd or 4x4...

http://portland.crai...3350908747.html

Let us know what you find out, I'd love to have a spare rear axle to play with :) I'd really be interested in rear disks

Andrew.

Those wheels in Portland are the old fake duallies. Inside wheel is a regular no off set wheel and then you put on the adapter and the exreme off set fake dually. Would cause the same damage to a regular truck with a heavy load as it did to the motorhomes. People who are selling them probably upgraded their axle and kept the old wheels. Kids like them to trick out their trucks. Pretty safe if you are not trying to carry full loads of wood or concrete blocks. Buy rear flares and you have a mini dually. Just don't carry much more than your surf board

Linda S