TV mounted - Thanks Every one!

I liked where acudoc mounted his tv and was going to put mine in the same place, but ran in to some problems.....first off, the cabinet end in my '86 Gulf stream had an electrical socket and antenna hook up installed. There was still enough room, next to those outlets to hang the wall mount, but the mount itself ended up being too tall, and the 22" Samsung that I bought was going to hit the ceiling(glad I didn't go with the 26" tv that I was looking at for height reasons and it "would have been" overkill in the motor home. Toyed with the idea of cutting a piece of plywood and letting it hang down under the cabinet end to get the clearance I needed, but didn't like the look of something hanging there. So I opted to go into the wall next to the cabinet. I used a piece of plywood to secure the mount to the wall, just to make it a little more stable and need to paint/stain it at some point, but the result is-everything works perfect and functions the way it should. I put an old playstation 2 up in the cabinet so the kids can watch a dvd if they want. I'm also going to run the sound through my in dash cd player.....there are speakers mounted underneath the cabinets in the rv, and that should give me plenty of volume while running the AC. Me and two of my kids(7 year old daughter, & 5 year old son) stayed in the camper Saturday night and the tv was a big hit! Like Acudoc's, you can turn the tv towards the top bunk if you're by yourself, or out towards the back if others are around and want to watch. With the antenna up, I was able to pick up a bunch of channels and the picture was crystal clear. These pictures are small but you get a feel for the overall result. I will get more detailed pictures this coming week/weekend. Thanks to every one who responded and gave ideas!

Scott

post-6446-0-45079200-1350309988_thumb.jp

post-6446-0-57578300-1350309998_thumb.jp

Nice Scott! I will consider the same location in my Gulf Stream when I install a TV. I have barell seats in my setup and trying to get the best view for all.

• 4 weeks later...

just picked up a 19inch hd/dvd tv

looking for best spot to insatll

my antena is by frig in back of rv

was thinking of a roof flip down

or maybe mount flush in wall.....

the best thing is my Winguard picks up

about 10 american channels & more Mex channels(live in san diego)

cant waite to try on a trip....It will be great to watch football games while tailgeting!!

I used an old Dell Monitor hooked up to a wii that has netflix and Huluplus on wifi. I get signal via a Thumstick aircard (4GLTE) that plugs into a micro mini wireless router. So when I head in at night (if I am allowed to watch something which is usually on trips sans kids) the Family Guy comes on and I surf at the same time. Works great. I have plans to take a small projector and use the largest white wall of my sunrader as a "screen" to play wii and watch movies outside next year. should be fun.